Windows Messenger question

Status
Not open for further replies.

seashorepiano

Say I add a friend to my "Contacts" list on Windows Messenger. Would that friend automatically see my name appear on their "Contacts" list?

Okay...

"I add a friend to my 'Contacts' list on Windows Messenger. Would that friend automatically see my name appear on their 'Contacts' list?"

--Mr Bill
well, you did say "say"

Surely you must be joking!

(Waiting for the comeback line. :D )

I'm not sure how MSN Messenger works, since I use Trillian Pro. But if I remember, you add a contact to your list, and the contact is sent a message asking to allow or deny the contact to be added. So if they allow you, you can communicate. If not, communications are blocked. Yahoo also works this way, but AIM (AOL's messenger) and Jabber (which also powers Google's "GTalk" chat) do not.

I wonder when I add a "Buddy" to my AOL "Buddies" List if I get added Automatically to His--or "Hers"...! :love:

--Just to add my 'AOL Perspective' to this Perplexive Issue!! :nut:

Dave

Rudy said:
Surely you must be joking!

Yes, I was joking...

Rudy said:
(Waiting for the comeback line. :D ).

...and please don't call me Shirley! (ask and ye shall receive)

--Mr Bill
wondering if Shirley is doing okay -- haven't seen or heard form her in a while. John?

Hey, Bill, how are things in Bahrain? Bet you can't wait to get back to the good ole USA! Thanks, by the way,for doing what you're doing.

Jon and I haven't heard from Shirl in quite a while. All personal e-mails are unanswered. We think something might have happened to her.

Hoping Shirl is OK,
Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom