Wings - Michel Colombier

Stephen Vakil

I had given up hope of ever getting hold of this album. I trawled through Amazon and saw that there were a couple of new CDs on offer. I ordered mine over the weekend from www.avatarmusic.com, based in the UK and it arrived.

It was indeed a brand new CD, a version released in 2002 under the Universal/A&M/Polydor logos. The CD has the white/gold A&M (not old tan) logo.

If this is as much of a surprise to anyone else as it was to me, I'm happy to post some more info.

"All In All", a rather pleasing purchase.

Stephen

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Interesting. I wasn't aware that it had gotten a re-release back in '02. My copy is from way back in the '80s.

"All In All", Herb's vocal, remains a favorite of mine too, along with the magnificent "We Could Be Flying" from Lani Hall.

Harry

Captain Bacardi

This CD has been on eBay for a long time with a "Buy It Now" price of $24.99 - which is cheaper than what I ended up paying for it a couple of years ago...

Capt. Bacardi

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I just got my copy. Been wanting to get this for quite a while.

I'm surprised it has the 1980s-era A&M label on the disk. I don't recall ever seeing that on a CD before.

Nice package -- it includes all the artwork from the old LP package (including the original front cover, probably the most boring cover ever designed) and the newer reissue package, along with a booklet featuring all the liner notes from the reissue.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Thirteen years later - and I'm just learning more about this re-release on CD from 2002. My original 80s copy looks like this:

And I see on Discogs that the 2002 version used this design:

That's actually a very nice disc face. Wish I had that one.

I wonder if anyone knows which version of "Emmanuel" is used on that second CD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom