Wings - Michel Colombier

Stephen Vakil

I had given up hope of ever getting hold of this album. I trawled through Amazon and saw that there were a couple of new CDs on offer. I ordered mine over the weekend from www.avatarmusic.com, based in the UK and it arrived.

It was indeed a brand new CD, a version released in 2002 under the Universal/A&M/Polydor logos. The CD has the white/gold A&M (not old tan) logo.

If this is as much of a surprise to anyone else as it was to me, I'm happy to post some more info.

"All In All", a rather pleasing purchase.

Stephen

Interesting. I wasn't aware that it had gotten a re-release back in '02. My copy is from way back in the '80s.

"All In All", Herb's vocal, remains a favorite of mine too, along with the magnificent "We Could Be Flying" from Lani Hall.

Harry

This CD has been on eBay for a long time with a "Buy It Now" price of $24.99 - which is cheaper than what I ended up paying for it a couple of years ago...

Capt. Bacardi

I just got my copy. Been wanting to get this for quite a while.

I'm surprised it has the 1980s-era A&M label on the disk. I don't recall ever seeing that on a CD before.

Nice package -- it includes all the artwork from the old LP package (including the original front cover, probably the most boring cover ever designed) and the newer reissue package, along with a booklet featuring all the liner notes from the reissue.

Thirteen years later - and I'm just learning more about this re-release on CD from 2002. My original 80s copy looks like this:

R-406489-1555164565-1984.jpeg.jpg

And I see on Discogs that the 2002 version used this design:

R-5895540-1405674741-7313.jpeg.jpg

That's actually a very nice disc face. Wish I had that one.

I wonder if anyone knows which version of "Emmanuel" is used on that second CD.

Last edited:
I bought this album on vinyl a long time ago since I had heard Lani Hall's "Sundown Lady" album. I was at a record store and they actually had the album and the owner was a friend and he told me how good it was when I took it to the counter for purchase. He was right, it is excellent.

I finally managed to find a copy of this 2002 issue and was able to answer my own question from above. The version of "Emmanuel" is the longer version from the second issue of the LP. Nice package on this one.

Back
Top Bottom