Winterblues Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodjeans

I thought that it may be fun to assemble an album of Carpenters tracks that would make the perfect 'upbeat' album. If no one else considers this fun, I will understand. I just haven't seen much posted on here lately.

1- Only Yesterday
2- Saturday
3- Touch Me When We're Dancing
4- Please Mr. Postman
5- Happy
6- I Won't Last A Day Without You
7- Kiss Me The Way You Did Last night
8- My Body Keeps Changing My Mind
9- Dancing In The Streets
10- Close To You
11- Say Yeah!

p.s. The cover of the album would be the photo from Rolling Stone cover.

I must say, I have always loved "Say Yeah". I spoke to Richard about this track once, and he said he got hate mail for the first time becuase he changed his sound. I always loved it. I would play it for friends and ask them if they knew who was singing. No one picked Richard. It's a great 80's pop number!
Jeff

The reason you're getting the "cool guy" with the number 8 is because of the parenthesis you are putting after it. It's called "BBcode" and is standard code for this board. Similarly, if you put a : with a ) after it, you will get a smiley like this: :)

If you want to eliminate the:cool:, remove the parenthesis and use periods instead, or edit your post and put a checkmark in front of "Disable Smilies in this post" (below the editing box) and then click Submit.

The CD sounds like a winner. I'd add "Piano Picker," "Lovelines" and "Top of the World," and probably a few more.

I hate to be difficult but I've never liked "Say Yeah". My problem with it is that Richard sounds forced on it. He doesn't sound like he's involved with it in the least. Put a different vocalist on it and it might have been decent - dated but decent.

Ed

I bought that TIME album back when it was new and I must have hated it...I haven't played it since. I need to drag it out of storage and give it a spin.

I'll add a few. How about:

I Want You Back In My Life Again
Sweet Sweet Smile
Those Good Old Dreams
I Kept On Loving You
Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
Another Song

Harry

Who needs "Up-Beat"? It's the Carpenters, so I'll drown in my sorrows...: :baah: :D

1. Rainy Days & Mondays

2. Hurting Each Other

3. Top Of The World

4. Yesterday Once More

5. Sing

6. A Song For You

7. Goodbye To Love

8. We've Only Just Begun

9. Please Mr. Postman

10. I Won't Last A Day Without You

11. Let Me Be The One

12. Touch Me When We're Dancing

13. Only Yesterday

14. Solitaire

15. (They Long To Be) Close To You

--OK, most of these I think are "upbeat"... If this were a Winter BLUES album, then it'd be Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Bobby "Blue" Bland, Buddy Guy, Gatemouth Brown... :laugh:

...And if you use a Period, instead of a Parenthesis, after your numbers, your 8) won't look like:cool:, either...! :neutral:inkshield: :wink:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom