WISH: Hear the individual tracks from the multi-track master tapes -- What I want for the Holidays

What I want for the holidays is to be able to
hear the individual tracks from the multi-track master tapes! Now, wouldn't that be fabulous?

If I'm not mistaken, based on what I remember reading --
The first Brasil '66 album (Herb Alpert Presents) was recorded on 4-track (half-inch tape).

The remaining Brasil '66 albums were on 8-track (1" tape).

In recent times, the multi-tracks of the Beatles can be heard, as well as other artists (Rock Band / Guitar Hero "stems"). (There was also a Canadian company with a series called Jammit -- and that also included transcriptions. That has now gone belly-up. They only focused on Rock music, it seems.)

If I'm not mistaken, Lani's voice wasn't recorded onto 16-track (2") tape until her first solo recordings, right?

It would be great way to experience this music, fresh -- to be able to hear individual parts in full detail and clarity.

And, another purpose would be to be able to precisely identify which female singer sings what.

I'd love to hear, in particular, Lani's singing voice by-itself -- sometimes. That would be a listening experience.

Oh, another purpose would be to be able to hear the recordings (from Look Around, onwards) without the orchestrations. At least out of curiosity.

Also -- I love Joao Palma's crisp, tight, clean and tasty drumming.
Others might be interested in sample (loop) material.
I'd see it as more about music education -- as well as enjoyment, of course.

Back
Top Bottom