Wishing Karen's "LIVE" version of Ave Maria on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

Hi All,
Now with the Christmas season upon us...I remember seeing Karen's version of Ave Maria, the live version on youtube but I think it is now gone.

I remember I had this friend of mine, who was very musical and he had a father that was the director of the Sweet Adeleines in Regina, Sk, Canada...and my friend knew I was a Karen fan...and he loved her version of AVE MARIA from the Christmas Portrait album. When I played the 'LIVE" version of it, that she sang in 1978 at UCLA, he was amazed and thought I was playing the album version...that no one could sing it exactly like the album version....

But has anyone in this group been where Karen sang it live...and if so, what are your thoughts on her live version of Ave Maria?

Cameron

I saw her sing at The Terrace Theatre in Long Beach with The CSULB orchestra Christmas concert Memory is fuzzy, but Of course she was amazing. I'm so lucky to have been at that show. My one and only time to see Carpenters live.

Hi mstaft, It was my one and only Carpenters concert. I remember getting mad at my mom (who so graciously bought my tickets and took me as a surprise), because when Karen appeared singing "Sleep Well Little Children" I was in total awe and fascinated, and my Mom kept gasping at how thin Karen was. In hindsight, Mom was right. But at the time, I just wanted to see and hear Karen!

It was also the only concert I saw where Richard seemed a bit flustered, but Karen was always right on the money. Glad you got to see them! Even if at the end, it was a gift.

It was also the only concert I saw where Richard seemed a bit flustered

Richard recounted in the Coleman book that it was this concert in which he knocked their programme down to almost nothing, as he couldn't play most of it due to the side effects of his quaalude addition. The reviews at the time echoed this, saying it was disappointing how short their section was, given that they had been billed as the headliners, almost like a short encore at the end of a concert featuring other artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom