Working divas-working ebay again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimac51

Those notorious "Remix Project" Canucks,"working divas" are once again offering their bootleg 3CD set of Herb's solo remixes at the low,low price of 49.99. Haven't seen this offered since they were reported a while back,but according to their feedback,they have had a constant trickle of business. An oddity in their current list of available auctions is a 12" promo of Diana Ross' "Love Hangover"(apparently legit from 1976) going for 150 bucks and reserve still not met. Mac

Auction just ended...too late to report it. :mad: The good thing is that nobody is falling for it, and it had no bids. I think I should probably post something on the TJB page just to alert buyers of the scam. Thing is, even not for copyright reasons, it's against the rules to sell CD-Rs on eBay. If someone won it, received it, and complained, I wonder if they'd have any protection under eBay's "Safe Harbor" rules?

-= N =-

I suspect that the Safe Harbor rules would apply since I don't think CD-R is ever mentioned. The unsuspecting buyer must assume that all good little ebay sellers would not do such a thing and being ticked off would be a natural reaction. If it wasn't such a pricy item,I would certainly want to set them up. Reporting them to your buddies at RIAA,even with evidence in hand,is fruitless unless they are big-time thieves. A possible recourse is through Rondor,now owned by Universal,who stand to lose in these situations too. Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom