World Radio History website, with many archived music industry magazines ...

Bernoullis

Hello all!

Whilst looking for some music-related information on the web this last week I followed a link to a downloadable PDF of an archived edition of a music industry magazine, dated from the early 1970s. That might sound like an average internet experience but, as I'm sure many of you know, sometimes, before you can say "What the heck!", links often lead to more links, and you find yourself journeying down a veritable internet rabbit hole! The result was I ended up discovering the remarkable World Radio History website: WorldRadioHistory: Radio Music Electronics Publications ALL FREE

The website has an extensive historical archive of PDF documents, and although the site is primarily aimed at radio, it also has many historical documents covering the music industry, including editions of magazines like Billboard, Cashbox and Record World.

It is also worth pointing out that the website has the facility to search the contents of these archived documents, which is amazing! Furthermore, all the documents are freely downloadble, with no registrations or subscriptions being required.

Here is some info about the site administrator and webmaster, David Gleason: David Gleason short resume

How the site is made: SCANNING FOR THIS SITE - How this site scans and prepares documents

Contact page: CONTACT THIS SITE: Report errors, Make comments, Ask questions
Be sure to read the contact Caveats & Conditions first, because as the site admin points out, "We are archivists, not historians."

There is also an FAQs page: AmericanRadioHistory FAQ - Questions and Answers

To be absolutely clear, I have no association with, nor derive any hidden benefit (financial or otherwise) from, the World Radio History website. The aim of my posting is only to highlight the site's existence, hoping it may prove useful to music fans, and we are all on the A&M Corner forums because of our interest in music, aren't we? 😄

Enjoy! 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom