Would You Buy 20 min Silent Vinyl?

And " Here is The Kicker "( Drum roll please Wait for it")
THE EXPANDED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION IN ALL FORMATS (MP3 AND Lossless ETC ETC)

The most famous albums of this sort was "Best Of Marcel Marceao" (MGM Records ‎– SE-4745), with the name mispelled, presumably to diminish the label’s liability in the eyes of the actual Marcel Marceau. Issued in stereo in 1970 does have a cover illustration that features the internationally famous French mime. Both sides are identical, though pressed from different stampers...19 minutes of silence followed by one minute of applause. Marcel Marceao - The Best Of Marcel Marceao

John Cale once wrote a masterpiece(?) called 4:33. Which was 4 minutes & 33 seconds of silence. When people said why is this considered a masterpiece, it's only silence? A critic who loved Cale responded by saying... "it may be only silence but nobody does silence like Cale!"

Regarding the 20 minutes of silence, I would prefer listening to this instead of 20 minutes of Kenny G.

Funny. To this day, I still skip any track in my collection that features the G-man as a guest artist. Instantly recognizable--that thin, reedy tone of his, played out of tune...

The most famous albums of this sort was "Best Of Marcel Marceao" (MGM Records ‎– SE-4745), with the name mispelled, presumably to diminish the label’s liability in the eyes of the actual Marcel Marceau. Issued in stereo in 1970 does have a cover illustration that features the internationally famous French mime. Both sides are identical, though pressed from different stampers...19 minutes of silence followed by one minute of applause. Marcel Marceao - The Best Of Marcel Marceao

I like that there was a special disk jockey pressing!

Oh, I would want the "hot stamper" pressing of that one, I tell ya... :biglaugh:

Canadian singer Sarah Slean CD "Blue Parade" (1999) has 10 minutes worth of silence!! Then the final song plays!! I still miss Sarah performing!!!

Back
Top Bottom