• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Wrapping up my Now & Then Review

Mark-T

Hello friends! With a little bit of extra time on my hands, I think I'm going to be able to post my Now & Then review by Saturday. I'm excited about it because I have one fairly rare and unseen photo in it. Be aware, that with 14 songs on the disc, that makes for a pretty lengthy review. :)

Hope you all enjoy it!
Mark

InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

GaryAlan

^^Mark, I enjoyed reading it ! You put a lot of work into that review.
I'll be back later with a few observations.

GaryAlan

I forgot to mention two things relevant about the album
Now & Then:
(1) The Robert Young TV Special was taped November 1972 and finally aired May 6, 1973.
(2) The basic track for Jambalaya was recorded 1972 (Hal Blaine drumming).
Richard writes: "completing a track we had recorded in 1972, Jambalaya."

A&M Retro

Mark:

Thank you! What a fantastic article. You’re an excellent writer and you captured the spirit of the album and that MAGICAL time perfectly! I especially relate to that time period because I was lucky and extremely fortunate to see them in person on 4/21/73. It was smack dab in the middle of the ‘buzz’ and they were at the peak of their powers. The album arrived just a couple of weeks after the concert and hearing side 2 was like hearing parts of the show again!

Thanks also for including the link to the extended version of ‘Da Do Ron Ron’ I assembled a while back. The video is sort of a companion piece to your stellar article. And you produced those publicity photos beautifully! Again, thank you for a job well done!

Bob

Mark-T

Bob- Thanks for your kind words.
So happily jealous you went to that concert! Tell all of us more about it please.

Carpe diem

Great job Mark! Very in-depth and very well thought out. And added bonus for me; a couple of photos I'd not seen before (Karen in concert (mic in hand) & her standing up with the children (on The Robert Young Show). Thank you for continuing to keep the duo relevant in the cyber world!!

Happy Easter!

Last edited:

Mark-T

Thanks, Greg! I always have their sense of relief when I'm done with each one. They bring up so many memories both good and bad.

Top Bottom