Wrapping up my Now & Then Review

^^Mark, I enjoyed reading it ! You put a lot of work into that review.
I'll be back later with a few observations.

I forgot to mention two things relevant about the album
Now & Then:
(1) The Robert Young TV Special was taped November 1972 and finally aired May 6, 1973.
(2) The basic track for Jambalaya was recorded 1972 (Hal Blaine drumming).
Richard writes: "completing a track we had recorded in 1972, Jambalaya."

Mark:

Thank you! What a fantastic article. You’re an excellent writer and you captured the spirit of the album and that MAGICAL time perfectly! I especially relate to that time period because I was lucky and extremely fortunate to see them in person on 4/21/73. It was smack dab in the middle of the ‘buzz’ and they were at the peak of their powers. The album arrived just a couple of weeks after the concert and hearing side 2 was like hearing parts of the show again!

Thanks also for including the link to the extended version of ‘Da Do Ron Ron’ I assembled a while back. The video is sort of a companion piece to your stellar article. And you produced those publicity photos beautifully! Again, thank you for a job well done!

Bob

Bob- Thanks for your kind words.
So happily jealous you went to that concert! Tell all of us more about it please.

Great job Mark! Very in-depth and very well thought out. And added bonus for me; a couple of photos I'd not seen before (Karen in concert (mic in hand) & her standing up with the children (on The Robert Young Show). Thank you for continuing to keep the duo relevant in the cyber world!!

Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Thanks, Greg! I always have their sense of relief when I'm done with each one. They bring up so many memories both good and bad.

Back
Top Bottom