We have upgraded the forum to version 1.2 of XenForo, which brings about several improvements. Please read carefully, as there will be some important changes to the system.
- One of the more welcome changes is that XF 1.2 has a new text editor! It is now based on Redactor rather than TinyMCE. What this means is that the editor is not only faster and more lightweight, and cleaner looking, it performs better when composing messages. Some of the nastier issues of TinyMCE (which I have fought with not only in XenForo but many other web applications I work with) are a thing of the past, and pasting in a message with formatting will paste much cleaner now.
- Uploading attachments (for those with attachment capabilities) is now as easy as dragging an image from your computer to the editor window, or, copying an image on your computer to the clipboard and pasting it into a message. In addition, we are re-enabling the Flash uploader, as it works for most users. If the Flash uploader does notwork for you, you now have the ability to turn it off in your user settings. For devices that do not support Flash, the forum will automatically load the non-Flash version for you.
- If you are/were a user of our RSS feeds, XF 1.2 now adds an excerpt of the post with the thread titles.
- You can now watch an entire forum area (such as our Small Circle area) by subscribing to it the same way you subscribe to threads. Due to volume, we have it set up to alert members about new threads only. Simply choose "Watch Forum" at the top of a forum's thread listing.
- The staff will now be able to merge user accounts. If you know you've got a duplicate account and would like to merge them, contact a staff member for assistance!
- With the new forum, we set the permission to allow users to edit or delete their post within a short amount of time without staff intervention. XF 1.2 adds the ability for users to edit their own thread title within the same time limit. This is great for correcting errors!
- The Conversations system has a few new enhancements. The feature is now split into tabs for easier navigation, and you have the ability to "star" important messages (like you can do in Gmail). There is also bulk message actions, letting you delete, star/unstar, leave, etc. a conversation. You can also filter conversations based on the sender or recipient. Participants in the conversation are also more clearly listed in more places.
- And speaking of conversations, you can now also search your conversations! We have waited for several years for this ability, and now we have it, thanks to a nice new add-on that adds conversations to our search index.
- Finally, XF 1.2 now uses a "responsive" layout. What's that? This makes XenForo accessible on any device, from the narrowest of smartphones to the widest of desktop displays, all without needing us to maintain separate "mobile" themes or use third-party apps to access the forum. With XF 1.2, you can try this right in your browser: you can resize your browser's width, and watch the forum elements rearrange themselves based on the browser width. Very slick! This is also made possible thanks to the new Redactor text editor, which is mobile-friendly and works properly. Text styling, attachments, even smilies are now fully functional and viewable on any device; in other words, you get the full forum experience no matter how you access it!
Because of the new responsive layout, and due to numerous security and privacy issues,we are discontinuing support for Tapatalk and Forum Runner. We have a separate thread here in the Forum Business area with all of the details.