Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
This just in from my XM Radio "XM Signal" newsletter:

The Cornucopia of Carpenters
The 70s - XM 7
Begins at 1PM ET, Thursday, March 4, 2004

The 70s gives you every single song The Carpenters ever recorded with an inside perspective on the Carpenters' song catalog by the man intimately familiar with them, Richard Carpenter.

Interesting! Must be part of a promotional tie-in for the new Gold CD release.

Thank you very much for the information, Rudy.

Can we hear The 70s on the 70s Page of xmradio.com? Is it only sample?

Sakura

Yes, that's only a pre-recorded sample, just to give visitors an idea of what kind of music each channel plays.

Oh, phooey!! Somehow I get to miss all the radio shows! It's wonderful that it's on at all, though.

Thanks anyway, Neil, for the info!

Marilyn

ullalume said:
Does anyone know what date this will air?

OOPS! The date didn't paste into my original post. Sorry!

It airs this coming Thursday, March 4, at 1:00PM eastern time.

If anyone is really interested, it only takes about an hour to set up the radio. You go online and activate your receiver, and within an hour all of the channel information downloads to the receiver. So if you get your hands on one before Thursday, it's a cinch to set up. Sony and Delphi both make "Roady" units that you can play at home or in the car (if you buy the proper accessory adapters). Delphi makes a neat "boom box" docking station for theirs.

http://www.xmradio.com

Is anyone taping this? If so, let me know...I missed listening to the first half hour due to other commitments. :sad:

For those of us without....

Is there anything "new" that we would be interested in hearing??
Is it pretty much the "same 'ol" in a different light?
I would love to hear a "review" sometime!

-D

Is it possible that anyone was able to record at least the footage between songs from this program? It would be really nice to be able to download the program's "extra info" or even get it on CD. I would be willing to help get it out to those of us on this group if I could get a copy. I am sure there are others who would be willing...

Randy

It was nearly an eleven hour broadcast. I don't know if anyone had the capabilities to tape it, let alone edit it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom