Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Rudy ain't happy:

Rudy said:
XM6, on the way home from the office last week: "Third Man Theme".

Given that Sirius has come in and crapped all over XM's programming, I'm betting I won't hear as much Herb anymore.

Mike Blakesley said:
You got that right. I knew they would "merge" the programming but I didn't think they'd completely Sirius-ize the XM channels. Oh well it's still better than any other radio we can get around here (total choices: 1 crappy country station)

I've been listening to 49 the past couple of days -- I'll switch over to 7 tomorrow and see if I hear "Rise" and "Rotation" -- usually at least one of them would play almost every day on the "old" 7.

Sirius Wields Its Axe

I've had on the Led Zep channel since Thursday. It does have some variety with the album tracks which is cool, and some Robert Plant solo recordings (wish they'd play more from Manic Nirvana, but hey, can't complain :D ).

But I just couldn't stomach what they did to XM5 (the 50s channel). Took out all the good guys like Ken Smith, Mr. Lee, and my favorite, Matt The Cat, who had one of XM's most popular call-in shows. Instead, I tuned in at 5pm and found something called Cousin Brucie acting like an idiot, and was apparently supported by a cast of idiot accomplices.

I doubt I'll hear any 50s deep cuts anymore. I know Matt's "Harlem" show was cancelled (he was laid off Oct. 15; see XM Merger Takes Its Toll), as was Ken Smith's "The Strip". Still see Cool Bobby B's Doo Wop Show in the lineup, but I can't take much of him OR his music (and that flakin' cowbell of his). No idea if Bruce Berenson's "Rockabilly Road Trip", Alex Ward's "Pink and Black Days" or "Daddy Dave's Hollywood Diner" will still air. I kind of doubt it.

In addition, Chrome is gone. It was the only channel playing 70s and 80s extended dance mixes and 12" singles.

So, two of my favorites are gone, and other channels I hit frequently have changed as well. There isn't much keeping me in the ranks of subscribers at this point. If this is what Sirius's programming is, I'm glad I never gave them one red cent of mine.

Note: I know my article is probably not all about the programming, but this thread is. IOW, comments about the financial side, technical side, etc., should be put into a new thread. This is only about the music programming changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom