Yesterday Once More 1985 2 LP Set w/ Bonus Video Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

So I've had a old worn out copy of this LP set that I replaced about 2 years ago at a local record shop. I finally got around to opening this baby...(I couldn't resist any longer) Here are some snaps I took, tried to keep the shrink wrap in tact as much as possible while still sliding out the LP. First up...a good cleaning on the old record doctor machine (of which you can see below)

I was actually one of the people that sent in for that video offer when I originally bought my own worn out LP. So....what a treat to open this and find the original video offer, still crisp and clean, my hands the first to have touched this paper since 1985. Thought I would scan it for those to see. I wouldn't go order though...I'm sure there long gone... :laugh:

Sorta feel like I opened a time capsule, as it says in the video article, it was the best of times.

...enjoying a step back in time, online...

Still have very clear memories of this one. I bought it (both on LP and cassette at the same time) one Thursday night after finding it in a record shop (not knowing it had been released), going to a friends place for a couple of hours then finally getting home and having a late night because I just HAD to play the whole thing through, listening for the new mixes and just elated with my find. Up till that time it would have been the ultimate compilation - and still is a favourite.

Thanks for the memories... and for bringing them back

The word "remebrance"[sic] on that video offer seems to be missing a letter. Perhaps Vanna White could've helped... :)

Harry

Good catch Harry, didn't see that one. :laugh:

Wasn't it this album that sorta marked the start of Richard and re-mixing of Carpenters songs?

I have to say I'm more than impressed with the needle drop on this set, perhaps because it's brand new, so crisp and clear, definately worthy of a burn to CDR.

Thanks John for sharing your memories.

In a sense, YESTERDAY ONCE MORE was the beginning of the remixes, but technically you could look back to "Ticket To Ride" and later "Merry Christmas Darling" as the true starters of that trend - and Karen was as much involved in those as Rochard was.

There are of course many iterations of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE - the "TV album" that preceded this one (that had no remixes), the British version with a slightly different track list and no remixes, and finally this one.

I remember my program director playing for me the EP that the record company sent of some songs for this album. The extra piano flourishes on "We've Only Just Begun" really stood out.

Later, in the CD era, this compilation was released both with the silver-blue color and later retitled as CLASSICS: VOLUME 2.

As mentioned in other threads, the first silver-blue release on CD had the track numbering for the second disc wrong and included a special "Programming note" for compact disc users.

yestUSER.jpg

Harry

In a sense, YESTERDAY ONCE MORE was the beginning of the remixes, but technically you could look back to "Ticket To Ride" and later "Merry Christmas Darling" as the true starters of that trend - and Karen was as much involved in those as Rochard was.

Let's not forget that much of THE SINGLES: 1969-1973 was remixed, with the piano pushed all the way to the left and new parts recorded both instrumentally and vocally...

Adding to Chris's pictures in this thread, here's the sleeve for the EP with the remixes:

remix7.jpg

David

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
So....what a treat to open this and find the original video offer, still crisp and clean, my hands the first to have touched this paper since 1985.

That's EXACTLY what would have been the turn on for me too Chris!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom