Yesterday Once More 1985

Song4uman

Listen to this album tonight. I have the 1984 tv version that I got back then. This one I purchased off eBay several years ago.

The back cover has a stamp “loaned for promotional only..”

The back cover is upside down.

The vinyl is sort of see through. I remember something special about the vinyl...or at least that was how it was posted on eBay.
Any thought in the vinyl for this album?

My copy of the 85 album has the back cover upside down as well. It is not a promotional copy, however it was printed here in Canada by A&M Records Canada. And the vinyl is opaque.

With yours, maybe it was pressed on a lower quality vinyl if it was just a promotional album. It may've been like nowadays where its cheaper and quicker to record a movie or TV show to a DVD-R than it is to put it on a pressed DVD, so for promotional and screening copies, those are usually sent out on DVD-R,, va pressed disc.

The vinyl is sort of see through. I remember something special about the vinyl...or at least that was how it was posted on eBay.
Any thought in the vinyl for this album?
With yours, maybe it was pressed on a lower quality vinyl if it was just a promotional album.

No, no, no. It was very HIGH quality vinyl used on US pressings. A&M in the 80s decided that their records were special enough to use the high-quality translucent vinyl for all of their releases. This occurred because the late 70s were known for crappy pressings on recycled vinyl due to oil shortages. A&M wanted their records to be as good as they could be, so they pressed them on audiophile-quality vinyl. I believe that all of the early pressings of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE (1985) were on this high-quality vinyl.

I don't think Canada's A&M used this translucent vinyl.

I remember the late '70s vinyl quality issues. Man that sucked. I once had a guy open five copies of some album before he found one that was scratch-free, warp-free and otherwise-defect-free. It was not long after that that the list price of LPs went up to $8.98 for top artists and eventually everything was at that price.

A&M albums came with a sticker about their audiophile vinyl, and I think they started using plastic innersleeves quite a bit around then, too. THOSE were controversial because they tended to stick to the record, making dust issues worse.

Back
Top Bottom