Yesterday Once More CDS 26 0296 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

david8302

Does anybody know how many copies of this were made? Also, does anybody have an idea of the current value of this set?

carpyesterdayUK1984.jpg
That's the UK 1984 issue of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE. It was issued to mirror the LP set that was also released (catalog SING1). It is believed to be fairly rare in that it was withdrawn shortly after it was issued - the reason being that A&M and Richard had decided to make this compilation something more special by including remixes, light segues, etc., which they did the following year with the ice-blue package.

The track listings were slightly different between the silver set and the ice-blue set, but the big difference was that the silver set had zero remixes. And it's the only place to find the original vinyl album mix of "Those Good Old Dreams".

Value? Whatever anyone is willing to pay you for it. I bought mine a few years ago and paid somewhere around $75-$80. The only other copy I've ever seen on eBay was from someone who wanted a fortune for it. He set his reserve VERY high and the bidding got over $900, yet it never got to his reserve price.

A small number of members here have had the set for years, never realizing its rarity.

carpyesterdayUK1984.jpg
That's the UK 1984 issue of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE. It was issued to mirror the LP set that was also released (catalog SING1). It is believed to be fairly rare in that it was withdrawn shortly after it was issued - the reason being that A&M and Richard had decided to make this compilation something more special by including remixes, light segues, etc., which they did the following year with the ice-blue package.

Also, didn't A&M and Richard have some sort of policy for the releases at the time that the digital CD rights were separate from the aanalog Vinyl/Cassette rights, kind of like what occurred with the 1984 issuance of Christmas Portrait in West Germany?

`And it's the only place to find the original vinyl album mix of "Those Good Old Dreams".`

you learn something everything day.

`A small number of members here have had the set for years, never realizing its rarity.`

I see the word `set` used here, am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom