Yesterday once more/Please mr postman .statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the nicer things about the Single 45 (AM 1646)
of
Please Mr. Postman,
not only is Karen Carpenter drumming on the 'A'-Side,
she is also drumming on the B-(flip)-Side of the Vinyl--This Masquerade.
I love this idea: Both sides Carpenters vocals,
one side upbeat, the flip side a ballad,
and Karen Carpenter on drums.

Today, thinking about Please Mr. Postman,
and, offer some well-known musings:
(1) Karen Carpenter is Drumming,
(2) Carpenters' last Number One Single,
(3) Carpenters' Final Million Selling Single,
(4) American Picture Sleeve of the song is not graced with a large 1974 photo of Karen Carpenter,
and, yet, at that time she was stunningly beautiful! (Yugolslavian Pressing does).
(5) This was a Worldwide Smash,
(6) Does any Forum Member own the 45-Japanese Promo Sleeve ?
Like this one on EBay:
www.ebay.com/itm/CARPENTERS-Japan-1974-Promo-Only-7-45-PLEASE-MR-POSTMAN-/370265966791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56359248c7

Really wish Carpenters had done a promotional video of Yesterday Once More.Im sure it would have enchaned this song on charts around the world.

I am more impressed with their album success in the UK. From 1974 through 1976, "The Singles" and "Horizon" spent a combined 22 weeks in the #1 spot and totaled an amazing 152 consecutive weeks on the charts. Talk about a one/two punch overseas! And their follow up album to those two smashes was "A Kind of Hush" and it made it all the way to #3 spot which was not to shabby in it's self.

Traveled the world extensively due to my Navy career from the mid 70's to the mid 90's and it was always reassuring to see an appreciation for the Carpenters around the world especially in Europe and southern Asia. Was really surprised to find a cocktail lounge in the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Dubai during a stay in 1990 named "Carpenters" which had signage and menus that closely resembled the Carpenters logo, and the club even rotated some of their hits into mix. Often wondered if Richard even knew the place existed?

The country that was the most fanatical about the Carpenters (along with Michael Jackson) was the Philippines. Their music and posters were everywhere and from what I have read the respect and admiration for them has not changed after all these years. It is easy to see how the Carpenters worldwide sales have exceeded 110 million units once you get an opportunity to check out the rest of the world.
Hi
Glad to see Carpenters music still popular in Southern asia and Japan .Is there any info on Philippines charts on carpenters performance.Think Carpenters record sales exceed 150 million by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom