"You And Me Against The World"

Simon KC1950

On the anniversary of "Tryin To Get That Feeling Again" being released as a single in the UK (peaking at #44) a couple of friends of mine shared some information to me regarding a song called "You And Me Against The World"

A photo of sheet music was shared with me, it is genuine and features a photo of Karen & Richard from the Horizon sessions along with the title and the A&M stamp. I can't find much info on this (and sorry if this has already been discussed, I've only been a fan for nearly 3 years since I was 14)

According to a few newsletters Richard denied they recorded it, saying it was a mistake and as far as I know I haven't seen it on the infamous "Buried Treasures' list. Did the Carpenters record it? Is this yet another recording that Richard is holding on to?

I think our hearts would skip a beat to think they had recorded this song, but sadly it's not true. The backstory to it was featured in another thread found here.

I don't think there's any reason Richard would deny having recorded it, dating all the way back to the 1970s, if they had. The question about this song was put to him right at the time the rumour was circulating, so it's not something he'd have forgotten. He talked about The Rainbow Connection a few times before we actually got to hear it, and that song was recorded two decades before we got to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom