you tube...My Body Keeps Changing My Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit it's pretty cool to hear all these backing vocals and Karen doing all this harmony herself, there really was so much technical stuff going on this song. I'm not sure I like all the fading in and out and her lead vocal at the start is just a bit too buried still, it needs to be brighter and up front, but this was a great listen for sure, thanks for posting this.

Oh and I hope he fixes that typo, "baking vocals" Ha should it say backing vocals? hee hee

love the cover art though, black and white side shot of her face is nice.....
love hearing Karen in background say "body"...so sexy!!
I can hear this in the clubs for sure!!!

Last edited:
Oh and I hope he fixes that typo, "baking vocals" Ha should it say backing vocals? hee hee

Maybe it was meant to be baking vocals...

images

:laugh:

I absolutely love hearing new mixes particularly when they bring out such clarity, definition and creativity. This will sound awesome in the car as well as the club. I would pull myself outta the back pasture long enough to club to this mix!

Thanks Cam!

A simple trick in Audacity or other software to remove the center vocals will leave the backing vocals (those that are on right and left channels). As an example, I removed the center vocals from the solo album version of "If I Had You". This leaves Karen's wild backing vocals with stacked harmonies for all to hear. The real magic starts at about :35 and explodes around a minute in.

Harry

Wow, I never thought to do this and I have Audacity, now it's got me curious about all the other tracks. I didn't realize Karen used some of her lower vocals on these backing vocals, especially at 38-48 seconds into this, she is really low. I love hearing this stuff.

Thanks Harry.

What I love about this song is that it can seem there are 15 Karen's on it and hearing it with just the backing vocals really brings out this effect, she was singing so many parts in so many different ranges, amazing vocal work.

This reinforces what I always felt about this song when I first heard it: this would have been a big club hit. There is something fun about hearing new mixes of your favorites songs. Thank yoy very much for posting. A very great way to start my day.

Wow, I never thought to do this and I have Audacity, now it's got me curious about all the other tracks. I didn't realize Karen used some of her lower vocals on these backing vocals, especially at 38-48 seconds into this, she is really low. I love hearing this stuff.

Chris, if you want to hear low, listen to 'Still Crazy After All These Years' done in this way. The lowest harmony on the line "Four in the morning/Crashed out yawning/Longing my life
a-waay"
gives me goosebumps!

I have just spent a part of my night listening to Karen's solo album with the center vocal removed (as Harry mentioned above) using Audacity and what a rockin time this was. I have to say that another gem is hearing, "Remember When Lovin Took All Night" with just the backing vocals, it is just as cool as the one Harry posted above, you hear Karen doing this harmony sound on backing vocals with her deeper voice it literally gave me goosebumps there is a part that she harmonizes and it jumps up then back down really really quick, it's mind blowing. It starts at 50 seconds into the track, she sings, "say that you remember when" then she picks up again at 59 seconds but the magic is 1 min 02 seconds to 1 min 4 seconds when her voice harmonizes it is just amazing to hear her like this and it's repeated again few more times. Just incredible!!!!

Harry can you post this one too?

I have to admit that another one you gotta hear with just backing vocals is "Lovelines" it's like an entirely different song with just the backing vocals which are present almost through the entire track.

When listening to these tracks like this it feels like your in the studio with Karen and the engineer's, producers and you going through the making of the track, the instruments are brought up in the mix so your hearing it much more clearly defined and then when her backing vocal comes out it pops, just amazing to hear how Karen layed down these tracks in the studio. Sometimes when you just listen to the CD the way it's presented you don't always hear all these backing vocals and how much work she did to perfect them and also what blows me away is how much lower her voice is being used on the backing vocals, it really makes you appreciate her gift.

I have just spent a part of my night listening to Karen's solo album with the center vocal removed (as Harry mentioned above) using Audacity and what a rockin time this was. I have to say that another gem is hearing, "Remember When Lovin Took All Night" with just the backing vocals, it is just as cool as the one Harry posted above, you hear Karen doing this harmony sound on backing vocals with her deeper voice it literally gave me goosebumps there is a part that she harmonizes and it jumps up then back down really really quick, it's mind blowing. It starts at 50 seconds into the track, she sings, "say that you remember when" then she picks up again at 59 seconds but the magic is 1 min 02 seconds to 1 min 4 seconds when her voice harmonizes it is just amazing to hear her like this and it's repeated again few more times. Just incredible!!!!

This is the track that blew me away more than any other on the album, the backing vocals heard like this show you just how amazing she really was to create a sound like that all on her own. Kudos to Rod Temperton too who was the brainchild behind the vocal acrobatics.

Wow, this is brilliant, when she starts at 59 secds to the 1 min 15 sec mark her backing vocals are so silky smooth, love it. As I mentioned before sometimes on the original you don't hear all these amazing backing vocals with such clarity, makes me appreciate her voice even more.

Thanks Harry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom