you tube...My Body Keeps Changing My Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!! Love these great mixes......thank you Cam and Harry,
You can really hear all of the work and love Karen put into this project.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the atmosphere in the recording studio during the making of the solo sessions? Just working with Karen Carpenter must have blown everyones mind, and Karen took to it like a duck to water. Was she thinking?......

"I'm not a superstar, I'm not finished yet, my solo project will work, I'm having the best time ever"

So this thread prompted me to go back into some of the first albums by the Carpenters where the backing vocals became their trademark. I knew there was a reason why I loved this track so much from Offering, "Turn Away" has always been a huge favorite of mine. So I removed the center vocals as Harry mentioned in this post using Audacity (free software) and I am completely blown away at the backing vocals by both Richard and Karen but mostly Richard, it is so melodic and lovely, this is so cool to hear it like this, when the strings come in and then the backing vocals of Richard (ahhh, ahhh, ahhhh....transcending downward and then the harmonies, incredible on their first album.

Edit: I used the Japan Mini LP CD of Offering to test this track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom