Your Baby Doesn't Love You Anymore - Promo Vinyl

Billy Rees

I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the promo release of this 45? Just curious to see what it looks like... Thanks!

I found this online, not so much a promo but a test pressing.

carptp.jpg

I have one. It's pretty much identical to the stock version, but it has the "X" and "PROMOTION COPY NOT FOR SALE" legend. The identical stereo track and label is on the other side,

YourBabyPromo.jpg

I have one. It's pretty much identical to the stock version, but it has the "X" and "PROMOTION COPY NOT FOR SALE" legend. The identical stereo track and label is on the other side,

YourBabyPromo.jpg
Thanks Harry... Very much appreciated. 👍🏼

I found this online, not so much a promo but a test pressing.

carptp.jpg

I just got a similar test pressing in the mail today. I’ve played it a couple of times, since the side that’s not labelled sounds like the mix that has been out there since VOTH was released, but the side that is labelled sounds like an early mix. Especially in Richard’s backing vocals. It sounds like there are parts that are not there, and there doesn’t seem to be as many “ahhhhs” and “wahhhs”. Especially early on, it kind of seems empty. And the reverb on the drums doesn’t seem as pronounced. The funny thing is, upto where you have the drums do their big stereo sweep, it sounds different, but then after that sweep it sounds the same!

Oh and the white sleeve has a date of January 20 1984 stamped on it (like they had used one of those library stamps).

I just got a similar test pressing in the mail today. I’ve played it a couple of times, since the side that’s not labelled sounds like the mix that has been out there since VOTH was released, but the side that is labelled sounds like an early mix. Especially in Richard’s backing vocals. It sounds like there are parts that are not there, and there doesn’t seem to be as many “ahhhhs” and “wahhhs”. Especially early on, it kind of seems empty. And the reverb on the drums doesn’t seem as pronounced. The funny thing is, upto where you have the drums do their big stereo sweep, it sounds different, but then after that sweep it sounds the same!

Oh and the white sleeve has a date of January 20 1984 stamped on it (like they had used one of those library stamps).

is there a way to listen to the test pressing i really like the song and its a great cut from the voice of the heart album.

I have one of those test pressings too. The music programar from the local fm pop station dropped it off at my work, as they would never play it. Mine has the sticker on one side and plain on the other. The non sticker side has a better stereo mix to my ears. I haven’t played it since 1984. Same pressing plant in Pitman New Jersey. No date stamp on the sleeve, but does have a very nice typed letter on A&M Stationary with the date January 1984 at the top. It talks about its Top 40 appeal, and the Voice of Heart LP nearing gold certification. Hum...it also comes on the heals of A Salute To Karen on the American Music Awards Monday Jan. 16,ABC-TV.
Warm regards,
Jon Konjoyan
National Promotion
There were a lot of A&M test pressings from the Passage era on through VOTH. I have several. I see them for sale on EBay once in awhile. Great items to own.

I wonder if the sticker side was meant to be a better mix for radio. But it’s still strange, since I’ve got a test pressing of “Touch Me” and both sides are the same.

Back
Top Bottom