Your favorite keyboardist(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazmin_Salinas

My favorite keyboardists are Daniel Sais and Michel Colombier. Daniel Sais played with the rock band Soda Stereo for 3 years (from 1987 to 1989), and he has been a strong influence to me. On the other hand, Michel Colombier is famous for having taken part in Lani's album "Es fácil amar".

NP: "Brave heart" (Samara)

Pete Jolly, Jim Skafish, Dave Frishberg, Victor Borge, Jools Holland & Michael Boddicker

--Mr Bill

In no particular order: Dave Brubeck, Vince Guaraldi, David Benoit, Russell Ferrante, Luiz Eça, Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, Jimmy Smith and Dr. Lonnie Smith...and I'm probably leaving out a few.

Eumir Deodato, Michael Omartian, Larry Muhouberac, Artie Butler, Jimmie Haskell and Bob James--who are also great String and/or Horn Arrangers, too!

Dave

Lou Pagani, Pete Jolly, Sergio Mendes, Richard Carpenter, Larry Knechtel, Rupert Holmes, Jim Corr and Caroline Corr, just to name a few who come to top of mind.

Harry

Piano.... Bill Evans, Larry Novak, Herbie Hancock, Wynton Kelly, Jan Johansson, Eddie Costa, Ran Blake, Sonny Clark, Elmo Hope, Judy Roberts.

Organ... Richard Groove Holmes, Jimmy Smith, Walter Wanderley, Charles Earland, Don Patterson

George Shearing, Oscar Peterson, Dick Hyman, Hank Jones, Earl 'Fatha' Hines, Marian MacPartland, Erroll Garner, Mike Melillo, Bill Evans, Dave Brubeck...so many others...

George

I would say my top favorites are Sergio Mendes, David Paich (from Toto), Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac -- although more for her voice than her keys), Larry Knechtel because he was on almost every hit record at one point, Richard Carpenter, George Winston, Stevie Wonder, and of course not forgetting Paul Shaffer.

Billy Preston... good enough for the Beatles, good enough for me! Plus, he recorded for A&M too!

Now playing -- That's the way God planned it.

Mike

Pete Jolly, Sergio Mendes, Luiz Eca, Gary Brooker (Procol Harum), Lee Michaels, Billy Preston, Herbie Hancock, Larry Knechtel, Leon Russell, Nicky Hopkins, Oscar Peterson, Cecil Taylor, Dave Lewis, Al DeLory, Mort Garson (Synth), George Winston and Dave Brubeck.

JB

I agree with you about Peter Nero, Juan, he's very entertaining!

Peter Nero's albums "Xochimilco" and "Wives and Lovers" get a lot of playing time in my office and out on the patio. I made needle drops, but I sure wish they'd get the re-issue on CD treatment.

Mike

Er, I must admit..., :oops:

I forgot, yet another one no-one has yet mentioned, whom I consider a giant...: :goofygrin:

sp4639.jpg

--Yes, Botkin, Junior... --Perry, is his name! :neutral:inkshield: :oneeye:

Dave

...And a couple years ago, I bought myself a Violin to play along with this, too... :badteeth:

Organ = Charles Covington (Benson/Shapes of Things to Come); Larry Young, John Patton

Piano = Dave Burrell, Cecil Taylor, Stanley Cowell, Andrew Hill, Freddie Redd, McCoy Tyner, Duke Pearson, Horace Silver, Mose Allison, Bill Evans, Herbie Hancock, Oscar Peterson (too many to list...and YES they are all favourites!!)

Melodica = Jack De Johnette, Roland Kirk

I almost forgot a favorite of mine... A guy who is equally at home playing jazz piano or conducting a symphony orchestra -- the one and only, Andre Previn.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom