Your summer 2013 concert plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we all post about concerts we're attending over the summer. Tell us who you're going to see, whether or not it's A&M related.

We're going to two concerts this summer: Styx, at the Fallon County Fair in Baker Montana (!) and Cheap Trick with the Great Falls Symphony (!!!) at the Montana State Fair. I've seen both before, but haven't seen Styx since their Paradise Theater tour.

I've seen Cheap Trick three times previously -- the first time was when they were opening for Kiss, promoting the In Color album. We most recently saw them two years ago at the South Dakota State Fair, but our seats there were crappy, so I made a promise with myself that if they ever got anywhere near here again, we'd go see them. This time we'll be in row 7. The addition of the symphony is definitely going to make it interesting -- as if a Cheap Trick show isn't already interesting enough! If you like good-time rock & roll, you can't go wrong with these guys.

We also have two "classic country" concerts at our local county fair, where I'm on the board -- so no comfy grandstand seats for me, I'll probably be taking tickets! Johnny Lee on July 18, and John Anderson on the 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom