🎄 Holidays! Your Top Favorite Holiday Albums

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
While we are somewhat hinting at this in another thread, here's where you can list your favorites. Top 10? Top 20? Whatever you feel like! I'll have to look through my stuff to see what I have--almost 90 to choose from here, but I would say I rarely play more than a handful. (Many were review CDs from my reviewing days, which are thankfully long gone.)

Well, back in the day when I had a Record Collection and more CD'Z...:

Peter, Paul & Mary -- A HOLIDAY CELEBRATION

Kingston Trio -- LAST MONTH OF THE YEAR

Mason Williams -- A GIFT OF SONG

Herb Alpert & TjB -- CHRISTMAS ALBUM

Gladys Knight & The Pips -- CHRISTMAS ALBUM (--Or maybe it had a special title; I forget...)

Various Artists -- SOMETHING FESTIVE

Dave

...Comfort & Joy, this Holiday Season...!!!
snowman.gif

Herb Alpert & TJB (of course)
Christmas Cocktails (Capitol Lounge Series)
Christmas Cocktails (Vol 2) Capitol Lounge Series)
Something Festive (A&M SP 19003)
Jazz to the World
Just In Time For Christmas (IRS)
Chipmunks Christmas
Billboard Christmas
Bov Rivers Twisted Christmas
Mannheim Steamroller

--Mr Bill

I'd probably mention Juan Oskar/Jay Maynes CHRISTMAS IS FOR GROWNUPS TOO since I like that track a lot, but I don't seem to have the album...

Harry

Yow how did I forget to add that one to my list...? :freak:

Well, "Chevy Bells" is my favorite track there... Better pull it out and give it a listen...!

Dave

My Top Favorites:

1. German Pressing of Carpenters-Christmas Portrait
2. Christmas Wish-Olivia Newton-John
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas-45 RPM 2 LP Set
4. Amy Grant-Home for Christmas and A Christmas Album

My list always includes:

Carpenters - CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT
Carpenters - AN OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS
Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - CHRISTMAS ALBUM
Various Artists - SOMETHING FESTIVE
The first three Mannheim Steamroller Christmas albums
The Phil Spector CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU

and lots of selections from various other artists like a few Bing Crosby tracks, Andy Williams, Burl Ives, Elvis Presley, Tom Petty, Eurythmics - quite varied stuff like that, but all tracks I've become fond of over the years.

This year I threw a lot of those tracks in WMA format onto a few CDs that constantly rotate in my car. So far I haven't gotten a repeat song!

Harry

My list is:

Herb Alpert & the TJB – Christmas Album
Peter Nero and the Philly Pops – Holiday Pops!
Al Hirt – Have A Merry Little Christmas
Steve Tyrell – This Time Next Year
Johnny Mathis – The Christmas Album
Vince Guaraldi Trio – A Charlie Brown Christmas
Dean Martin – Making Spirits Bright
The Andy Williams Christmas Album

Happy Holidays,
Mike

Hey Mike! :wave:

Mike said:

What type of style did Hirt record this in? Is it more like his "Honey In The Horn" style, New Orleans jazz, strings...? Just curious. I like some of his stuff quite a bit--"Java" is an all time favorite here.

Rudy said:
Hey Mike! :wave:

Mike said:

What type of style did Hirt record this in? Is it more like his "Honey In The Horn" style, New Orleans jazz, strings...? Just curious. I like some of his stuff quite a bit--"Java" is an all time favorite here.

Hi Rudy,

It’s done in Al Hirt’s typical New Orleans style. It’s a very “Happy” album; I’d be willing to go out on a limb and recommend it to a fellow Cornerite.

Happy Holidays,
Mike

Boy, this is a hard one. There are so many good Christmas albums. Some of my favorites are:

Christmas with Maureen McGovern
Gladys Knight & the Pips-That Special Time of the Year
Doris Day Christmas Album
The Manhattan Transfer Christmas Album (1992 Columbia)
GRP Christmas
Tony Orlando & Dawn-Christmas Reunion

Mike said:
It’s done in Al Hirt’s typical New Orleans style. It’s a very “Happy” album; I’d be willing to go out on a limb and recommend it to a fellow Cornerite.

That sounds fantastic! I'm always in need of a "happy" holiday album. Too many times, these artists will put out albums that are too pensive or "down" rather than being upbeat. Who needs that, during this most stressful time of the year? The TJB's is upbeat, which is why it's been an annual spin around here.

Back
Top Bottom