Youtube Clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortnee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5FOEp31Ek

This is a must-see for all brazilian SMAP fans!
On november 06, Sergio Mendes, a famous brazilian pianist and bossa nova singer, was on SMAPxSMAP program, performing "Mas que Nada" with SMAP group.
In one part, Kimura talks about go to Brazil, then Sergio says "You're all invited to come to Brazil!" then Nakai "At your home??", and he answers "Yes!!"
lol~ ... SMAP is funny! They seem to like brazilian music a lot! Goro talks about samba, bossa nova, pagode... And Kimura...well, about Ronaldinho. XD They at least know a lot about Brazil...
Specially when they sing! SMAP singing in PORTUGUESE? I thought I would never see that!!! It's funny, their spelling is funny and cute...!
Well, enjoy! ...
Who's is Sergio's new singer?

What is "Smap"...??? :confused:

Dave

...Learning yet another New Word, or just something misspelled as it is probably in some Modern Computer/Technological Jargon, that unfortunately this member of a "Computer Generation" just admittedly doesn't understand or really "appreciate"...!
sighing.gif
:rolleyes:
sigh.gif

In another thread, Cortnee wrote:
I'm from the U.S.A.! I AM BLESSED TO BE AN AMERICAN.

Then in this thread, Cortnee wrote:
Me, as a brazilian,

Now I've heard of expanding your horizons, but changing citizenship is pretty extreme! :D

Mike B.
(Realizing she probably just copied'n'pasted somebody else's post from somewhere and hoping she'll take this joke in the light spirit in which it was intended. And I don't know what "Smap" is either.)

I think SMAP stands for:

Six
Men
At
Play

They were a popular boy band that moved into TV as they got older. They are quite popular here in Japan, even though for the most part they arn't very good at singing anymore. Some of them make good money acting on TV and making comercials as well as their popular weekly TV show.

Regards,
Mike

Well I watched the clip but still can't figure out exactly what "SMAP" is. It's a TV show for sure. The full name is "SMAPxSMAP." So there you go. And the text in Cortnee's post above is copied out of the YouTube information box, so it looks like she is still an American.

Around my house, SMAP stands for Sergio Mendes Always Playing!

:laugh:

Harry

Apparently it stands for Sports Music Assemble People (which truly rolls of the tongue) and is a Japanese boyband akin to the Monkees which presents a Japanese variety show :| ...

Okay guys. I'm taking my boxing gloves off and putting my hands up in the air while waving a peace flag. I SURRENDER...LOL.

You guys got me here.I should have explained to you that I did copy & paste the original qoutes on YouTube.

SMAP is a popular Japanese "idol group" according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMAP

At times, this forum can be pretty intense while at other times like this certain time it can be pretty fun and interesting.Thanks guys. PEACE to you all.

Well, yeah, I could'a told you she belongs to 'Smap'; I saw her in the video, too...

Dave

...Or was it "sMap"...??!! :laugh:

I thought it might be Jessica Taylor with a new hair style. She sure has Jessica's moves (NICE moves!).

Mike

The new blonde female vocalist is Ms. Kara Balch . I've already started a new thread about the new vocalist.

Guys, it's our job to share our knowledge with one another whenever possible in this WONDERFUL but CRAZY FORUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom