Youtube - Live in Munich, July, 1997

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. You can sure hear the PASSION DANCE influence in there. It's like Santana minus guitars plus trumpets. Thanks for the link.

I have this concert on video. It was broadcast on TV in Germany, and I had a guy send me the PAL tape which I got converted to VHS. It's almost all of the Passion Dance album, with some great solos by Justo Almario on sax and flute, plus some great percussion.

Capt. Bacardi

Great stuff. By the way, when was that?

He has kind of an almost Clint Eastwood look. I want that alto player in my band.

Take care...

George

Ooops - I see it was 1997...DUH...

I've watched and listened to the clip a few more times since my last post. I know Mr. Alpert does something for about a year then changes but this has sooooo much class and cross age/culture appeal.

I sent this clip to about 15 people that I know are or were HA fans and they didn't know that the Passion Dance project even excised.

Maybe this medley will be on his next "Treasures" CD. I'm sure he recorded it.

God willing Mr. A lives to a 120, he could still be playing with a band like this because it's "Timeless"
later.................J

That TJB Medley by Herb Alpert was an awesome performance. I particularly liked how the arrangement used a "merengue" rythm during the "Work Song" segment. It's the first time I hear Herb using that rhythm from the Dominican Republic. Herb's "sound" has aged much as a fine wine does, better than ever!! :thumbsup:

Also on YouTube is "Side Steppin'"
Don't recall that being on an album ... or am, I just getting forgetful?

I'm curious as to who the band was in the video. It's not the Lorber Group from the Montreux DVD from the same year.

The Montreux DVD was recorded in 1996 on the Second Wind tour. The band on the ZDF production from Munich in 97 are most of the musicians playing on the Passion Dance album.

- greetings from the north -
Martin

Joe Cool said:
I'm curious as to who the band was in the video. It's not the Lorber Group from the Montreux DVD from the same year.

Herb Alpert - Trumpet
Humberto Ramirez - Trumpet & Flugelhorn
Justo Almario - Saxes & Flute
Oskar Cartaya - Bass
Joe Rotondi, Jr. - Keyboards
Ramon Stagnaro - Guitars, Tres
Otmaro Ruiz - Keyboards, Guitar
Walter Rodriguez - Drums
Kevin Ricard - Percussion
Michito Sanchez - Percussion

Capt. Bacardi

martin said:
The Montreux DVD was recorded in 1996 on the Second Wind tour. The band on the ZDF production from Munich in 97 are most of the musicians playing on the Passion Dance album.

Martin

Thanks for the correction! I must have what Tony Currie has. :laugh:

Joe Cool said:
martin said:

Martin

Thanks for the correction! I must have what Tony Currie has. :laugh:

I'm happy to share it. What is it again.....? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom