YOUTUBE VIDEOS

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

I`m a little `curious` about something that`s been bugging me for a while now.
Whilst I haven't actually checked against every single they did, it does `appear`, that pretty much all their stuff is on YouTube, in one form or another, however, I noticed a while back that one song isn't on there and is one of my favorites, `I can dream can`t I`.
The track is blocked, worldwide on the site and just wondered if anyone had any idea as to why, because it`s such a great piece of music in my opinion :)

Copyright owner opposes having it up there, maybe? Is it available by other artists?

I've always been kind of curious about Youtube's "rules" about copyrighted material being posted. In some cases, if you post something with even a few seconds of some old song, it'll get taken down right away, but then there are whole albums by artists, sometimes even posted by people that aren't affiliated with the artist, and they stay up there with no problem. Or the artists themselves post whole albums....Herb Alpert's new disk is on Youtube in its entirety. So for the casual listener, why buy anything anymore?

There are other artists on there performing the song and the carpenters version is there now. The description points out it was uploaded to YouTube by Universal themselves a month ago.
The copyright issue had entered my mind about this particular song, but I was just curious as to why it applies so firmly to this particular song and not the others. I`ve even tried to upload it myself with a video and it just gets blocked worldwide, so yes, I do agree, sometimes the rules regarding this issue seem a little confusing, because my guess is, if this copyright issue was enforced more than it is, 99% of the carpenters video` on there would be taken down :)

Whilst I haven't actually checked against every single they did, it does `appear`, that pretty much all their stuff is on YouTube, in one form or another, however, I noticed a while back that one song isn't on there and is one of my favorites, `I can dream can`t I`.
The track is blocked, worldwide on the site and just wondered if anyone had any idea as to why, because it`s such a great piece of music in my opinion :)

Last time I checked, the same can be said for the unreleased ABBA track Just Like That, the audio for which has been blocked on every YouTube video after a copyright claim by Benny and Bjorn.

I had a YouTube video up for years of a great song by singer Jack Jones that I remembered fondly from radio. I owned that somewhat obscure RCA album from which it came and I cleaned it up and stuck it on YouTube where it got a fair number of views and loads of positive comments. The song was "L.A.Break Down", which had it's start, ironically on the A&M label by composer Larry Marks, another obscure record. Years later I found that single in a rare stereo edition and put THAT up on YouTube.

Short-story-long, I got a notice a couple of weeks ago that my old Jack Jones video was now blocked worldwide due to copyright restrictions. Turns out that Sony/RCA had put up their own version of the record. I suppose that they wanted to monetize their video, and mine was in the way.

It's still a great record. If you've got a few minutes, listen to the great arrangement by the late Pat Williams.

Short-story-long, I got a notice a couple of weeks ago that my old Jack Jones video was now blocked worldwide due to copyright restrictions.

I think we are all aware of the copyright issues on YouTube and that`s fair enough, rules are rules about using peoples music, but I do find the rules on the site somewhat confusing.
if it`s blocked, it`s blocked, but many of the videos you upload `seem` to be ok, as long as you accept given terms on the day of upload, yet weeks or months down the line, it get` removed and you get a strike on your account, which I feel is a little unfair given they were the one` who said it was fine!
the monetary side of it has never in the slightest, interested me and it`s only right that should go to who it deserves to be with. my video`s are purely as an interest in the pair and a love of their music, nothing else :)

I`m a little `curious` about something that`s been bugging me for a while now.

Look no longer :):

Back
Top Bottom