27 years ago today - August 31, 1980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Angel

Just to remind everyone, what happened August 31, 1980...

091.jpg

wedding.jpg

092.jpg

099.jpg

Thank You Johnny Angel for the photos. It was indeed a very special day for Karen. She was happy and it shows in these photos. I have always longed for a high quality/resolution photo of the first one of Karen looking into the wall mirror as the photo was being taken. I just love that photo. Karen was so beautiful on her wedding day.

I also love the video footage of her stylist getting her hair ready for the big day, she was just lovely.

I did forget, and it is very cool of you to post as a reminder. Could Karen have been any more beautiful????? I'm sure everyone has seen the wedding video, but the photos remind me of when she sort of laughs at (I think) the part when they exchange the I do's. What a down to earth, wonderful beauty/inside and out. Damn do I miss her.

Although I am not a big,big Carpenters fan,(I've since learned to appreciate and respect their music over the years) I do remember this being a big media event when I was a kid. Many years later, I was in the NY Public Library, and I was rummaging thru some old PEOPLE magazines, and there was a 1980 issue which featured an article on the wedding. There were many celebs in attendance, and there was a picture of Herb and Lani there as well(of course!).

He was quoted as saying, if I remember correctly,"It's real beautiful to see Karen so happy." I think I will conclude on this note, because I am feeling a little sad , considering that that happiness didn't last that long, and we all know what happened just three short years later...

But I guess we're here to talk about the joy of that day, and nothing else.Sorry if I brought anybody down.

Well, it's really too bad after this joyous day that Karen's marriage didn't last... :sad:

Honestly, it's so sad, since at least marriage could've righted a lot for her in a lot of ways, should this one had been a success, or at least could another "Soul Mate" have turned up in time...! :|

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom