• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"3 O'Clock Jump" Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool video, indeed. I remember back in 89 Billboard did an interview with Herb after "My Abstract Heart" was released, and he said that Black radio had given him a lot of airplay. That's even easier to understand after having watched this video.

- greetings from the north -

Martin

VH-1 did a half-hour show to promote My Abstract Heart as well. I recorded it when it came on and watch every now and then. I need to get a DVD recorder to transfer that show. Plus Herb was on for an hour on BET's "Video Soul" with host Donnie Simpson and talked a great deal about his career from the TJB to the My Abstract Heart album. Herb even discussed the soon-to-be-deal (back then) about the A&M sale. As I recall that was when the "3 O'Clock Jump" video first came out. That was October 1989, which I remember well because the Cubs played the Giants at Wrigley in Game 1 of the playoffs that same day. (Needless to say, that series didn't turn out very well... :confused: )

Capt. Bacardi

A lot of people slept, I mean SLEPT on this album! This was a very innovative album, because it mixed the "big-band jazz" sound with rock,funk,salsa,Broadway type music,easy listening,Latin guitars, and of course the then burgeoning sound of hip-hop.

A great and classic album that needs to be listened to time and again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom