• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

3000 series AOTW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
Not sure where we left off, but isn't it time we got back on track with the Jazz AOTW?

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
Not sure where we left off, but isn't it time we got back on track with the Jazz AOTW?

--Mr Bill

If you recall we finished with the 3000 series. We had started to do the 19000 series (not sure if we're through there) then planned on hitting the Horizon stuff. I was under the impression that we would wait until the AOTW images were back, but I may be mistaken on that one.

Capt. Bacardi

Well, I think "Hittin' On HORIZON" would be a great idea, myself. Can we get started on a 'post-3000-series JAZZ AOTW' this weekend?

Dave

...hoping to hear something on this from our "AOTW Consultant", LP Jim...

Yeah, we'll wait until images are back, or at least a temporary fix that will at least get text links on the home page. I have way too much going on right now. I still can't get a straight answer as to WHAT changed, but I think the support for the Berkeley DB was broken in the most recent build of PHP. I've also got a possible server move by the end of the month, for which any number of things can go wrong.

We were on the 19000 series, and still had more to go IIRC. And I believe the Horizon albums were after that.

Did we finish the 3000s? I remember someone posting a comment that there were no mpore at a time whn there were in fact several more to go. I just don't recall Weisberg's Dream Speaker coming up...

I do recall we were into the 19000 series, though. And, yes, Horizon was next.

--Mr Bill
hoping we'll do the Horizon's by "Horizon #" rather thna SP# to allow SP850 to fall in as tenth to be AOTW instead of at the end... And do we doo the Horizons that came in the mid 80's as an imprint of the WOrd distribution deal (such as by The Imperials)???
sp3045.jpg

I think Charles Lloyd GEETA (SP 3046) marked the official end of the 3000s, because LOVE TOGETHERNESS AND DEVOTION, the first from LTD, was assigned SP 3047 but was actually released only as 3602.

We got as far as 19006 with that series before Christmas intervened, so we've got 19007, 19008 and 19009 remaining. I haven't got a clue what tracts are on 19008.

For 3500s we've got the 3 overlaps from the 4200 series, and I think everything from 3504 forward is "new product." That series and the others (3600, 3700, 3800, 3900) have fewer than 100 items each.

Horizons have A&M SP 700 series number and Horizon's own numbers simultaneosly ( #1, 2, 3 ...). I think SUITE FOR POPS had an unreleased 3000 series version (3043).

I'm hopeful the pictures will be back soon, because they are tremendously helpful to maintaining interest in the series, especially the obscurities.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom