• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A magical night at the Hollywood Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin

I have just returned to our hotel from a magical concert at the Hollywood Bowl. The place seemed packed. Herb and the band went on stage just a few minutes after 8 pm and even if a quartet seems a rather small band on that big stage, the excellent sound and the bic screen TV production, created the intimate setting that made Herb, Lani and the band really shine.
They played for an hour with the following set list:
Moondance
Pararaio
Besame Mucho
Fever
Fly Me To The Moon
Face The Music And Dance
Medley: This Guy/Rise/Whipped Cream/Work Song/Mexican Shuffle/Tijuana Taxi/Taste Of Honey
Viola
La Vie En Rose
Puttin On The Ritz
Got You Under My Skin
Jobim Medley

The crowd went especially wild during Puttin On The Ritz, where the video was shown on the big screen, while Herb and the band was playing on the rythm tracks.

The "Steppin' Out" CD was for sale at the Hollywood Bowl, but more on that in another trhread.

Sergio took the stage after about a 30 minute break and he was magnificent also. Herb and Lani cane on stage with Sergio for a short medley of Brasil 66 songs, The Fool On The Hill and The Look Of Love.

Greetings from LA

Martin

Thanks for the report Martin!

Surprised Lani did not join Sergio for "So Many Stars" like she did at the Bowl in 2006 when she & Herb also joined
Sergio for "The Fool On The Hill and The Look Of Love".

Hello all,
I do not have much to add to Martins report (well done). I must say though you get spoiled seeing Herb and Lani in a small venue in one of the front rows. My seat was midway up the bowl and it felt a little like being at a baseball game, I had to rely on the video set up to see anything. There were fireworks at the end of the show - sort of - about 12 scabbily clothed Brazilian dancers in Brazilian/Vegas style attire shaking everything they could muster up! Got the crowd goin' I must say. On to tour Pasadena...Rim Kasputis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom