• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Acupulco 1922??? mislabeled

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky1

:oops: As I was listening yesterday to my HA/TJB Classics cd, I noticed that the song Aculpulco 1822 was incorrectly titled as Acapulco 1922. The only reason that it caught my eye was because I also had the Baja Marimba Band cd with me as well which includes the same song, titled 1822.

Maybe these songs relflect the city's changes over the 100 year span.(ha-ha)

Was this labeled as such on all of the cd's?

Michael H.

spanky1 said:
:oops: As I was listening yesterday to my HA/TJB Classics cd, I noticed that the song Aculpulco 1822 was incorrectly titled as Acapulco 1922. The only reason that it caught my eye was because I also had the Baja Marimba Band cd with me as well which includes the same song, titled 1822.

Maybe these songs relflect the city's changes over the 100 year span.(ha-ha)

Was this labeled as such on all of the cd's?

Michael H.

The BMB's CD is the mislabeled one. The song is "Acapulco 1922".

Capt. Bacardi

It seems to be a longstanding tradition to mislabel a BMB compilation, going way back to FOURSIDER, where "Brasilia" listed on the track listing, but "Summer Samba" is on the LP.

Then there's the Japanese CD called DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST, where "Maria's First Rose" and "Maria Elena" are confused.

Finally, the above-mentioned misprint of "Acapulco 1822" instead of "1922" happened on the US Collectors Choice edition of that Japanese set.

I think the 3-CD set from Timeless Music broke the tradition.

Harry
NP: radio at work

Harry: It seems to be a longstanding tradition to mislabel a BMB compilation, . . .

If I thought he had anything directly to do with subsequent compilations, this sounds just mischievous enough for Mr. Wechter himself, judging from what I've learned about him on this forum.

To put it differently: It's hard to scribble all these details accurately when nature calls. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I knew I could get my answer here. As a side note, does anyone else here buy much from the Collector's Choice label? I love getting their catalog and seeing what has been pulled from the vaults. Altough their catalog has many different labels, they put out a wide variety of "never-to-be released" music.

Beside the BMB cd, I was happily surprised to see them release a "two-fer" from the Anita Kerr Singers. The 2 albums from the Kerr singers are great listening, and make a great 2-fer....I 'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Michael H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom