• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"Anything Goes" CD - New Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgarvin

Other threads mention "delayed release" of the new Alpert/Hall CD. Does that mean May 26 is no longer the date? If so, has a new date been announced? If this is an "indefinite" delay then I guess we should just forget about it. I recall when we were assured that "all" Alpert/TJB albums would be reissued on Shout Factory. We know how that turned out. I know I'm being a pessimist but this kind of thing seems to happen all the time.

...does that mean that the "postponement"/"cancellation" of the previously scheduled performances were not based on issues with the release of the CD?

I'm not exactly broken up about the perfs not coming off. Hey, stuff happens. I'd be thrilled with just a CD, and thrilled even if the CD did not come out so long as I knew everything was ok with them health-wise or whatnot. Seeing them as Blues Alley last year as treat enough. To see the again in just a year (considering how often Mr Alpert tours) would have been gravy. But we place everything in context and priorities.

Regards, David

Today on Amazon.com: "This title will be released on August 18, 2009"
I remember how it was few years ago with new Earth Wind and Fire album. They changed the release date about 3 times. During that time period they even changed the title of the album (from Elevate to Illumination). I hope this won't be the case.

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on March 25 2009 (Order# 103-6252455-5473037). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Herb Alpert, Lani Hall "Anything Goes" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: August 31 2009 - October 08 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom