• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

AOTW: Charles Lloyd - Geeta (SP-3046)

How Do You Rate This Album?

• ***** (Best)

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• * (Worst)

• Never Heard This Album

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Charles Lloyd -
Geeta
SP-3046

sp3046.jpg

Released 1973

Format: Vinyl

Songs:
  • 1. Geeta Suite
    (a) Arunja Tender Warrior
    (b) Song Of Brindavan
    2. Dance Of The Gopis
    3. Stones Medley:
    (a) Backstreet Girl
    (b) Lady Jane
    (c) Mother's Little Helper
    4. Maxfield Blue
    5. Jungle Blues
    6. Berries

I don't have this album yet, so maybe someone would be kind enough to list the musicians and producer credits (JB?).

NOTE: This is the last album of the 3000 series. (LTD did have an album that was supposed to be released as SP-3047, but was subsequently released as SP-3602.)

Capt. Bacardi

Produced by Charles Lloyd, assisted by Eric Sherman/ Special thanks to Rob Heller/ recorded at Malibu Road: A&M Studios with Henry Lewy; Intermedia with Bered.
Personnel: Charles Lloyd - soprano & alto flute, tenor saxophone; Transcending Sonship in rhythm, sound & color: Celestial Songhouse, bass: Blackbird-guitar: Ashish Khansarod & Pranesh Khan-dholak.

"JAI GURU DEV"

Art direction by Roland Young; illustration by Masami Teraoka; album design by Chuck Beeson.

Track lengths:
Geeta Suite 13:30/ Dance of the Gopis 6:25 (side one)

Stones Medley 11:08/ Maxfield Blue 4:30/ Jungle Blues 2:12/ Berries 2:02.

JB

I finally picked up a copy of this LP. Kinda strange sounding at times. :o Lots of Eastern/Indian influences throughout, very spacey sounding. The Rolling Stones medley is interesting, though. Not exactly like you remember those songs. :wink: This isn't necessarily a bad album, but it does require a couple of listenings to absorbe. I'd probably give this a 3-star rating at best.

Capt. Bacardi
NP: Shorty Rogers - Manteca Afro-Cuban Influences

Is the thrill of looking at this album cover getting old yet? (In a couple more days you'll have had it posted as AOTW for a month.) Or do I have move to the other side and discuss my innermost feelings about Karen and Richard?

snapcrotch said:
Is the thrill of looking at this album cover getting old yet? (In a couple more days you'll have had it posted as AOTW for a month.) Or do I have move to the other side and discuss my innermost feelings about Karen and Richard?

Well, if you had read the first post you would have seen that this is the last of the 3000 Series for AOTW. There will be a new series for the AOTW whenever our fearless leader gets his dubious "free time" to do it. :wink: In the meantime, you're free to peruse any other thread to your liking.

Capt. Bacardi

With the 3000 series concluded, we might want to consider Mr. Bill's earlier suggestion that the 19000 series, which consists primarily of samlers, be featured. He has already provided cover scans. I've got most of the track lists in case they're needed, with the exception of that Dick Summer obscurity. Years of digging through LP crates haven't uncovered it for me -yet.
JB

LPJim is correct. Neil and I have discussed it and the 19000 series is next. It will last 9 weeks (unless. like the 300 series, an LP gets "held over" due to lack of free time) at which time we will embark ona a few weeks of Chrsitmas LPs. Then, in 2004, we'll embark on the Horizon series. Still undecided as to whether we'll do them in "Horizon Order" or SP order... The difference being Horizon #10, a two-record set, was numbered SP850, meaning it will be either the tenth album of the week or the last in the Horizon AOTW universe...

--Mr Bill
now scanning Hoizons... :mad:

I have maybe three of the samplers--I'm all for the 19000's until we can hit the Horizons beginning next year. Usually break for holiday albums beginning just after Thanksgiving...with all the new members we've had join us this year, we'll probably revisit our old favorites and maybe dig up a couple of new ones.

If someone wants to start with the 19000's, go ahead...I don't collect those, and don't have an idea which one is first. :-?

As it stands now, I have no free time to do much here...I mainly have to "hit and run" whatever few forums I'm active in and move on. :sad: (The paying work has to come first.) Hoping that once things settle down here and all my other business is taken care of, I can finish up the projects I've had in the works for months (if not years :rolleyes:) and finally get the site overhauled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom