• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Earthquake WHY DON'T YOU TRY ME? A&M SP 4337

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Earthquake
WHY DON'T YOU TRY ME

A&M SP4337
sp4337.jpg

SIDE ONE
Bright Lights 3:24/ Light Before the Blindman's Eyes 3:33/ I Get the Sweetest Feeling 3:38/ Trainride 6:26.

SIDE TWO
See What my Love can Do 4:02/ Why Don't You Try Me 3:04/ Riding High on Love 2:35/ Live and Let Live 5:35.

John Doukas, vocals/ Robbie Dunbar, guitars & vocals/ Stan Miller, bass & vocals/ Steve Nelson, percussion.
Guest artists: Pete Sears, keyboards/ Lenny Pickett, saxes/ Jim Horn, saxes (courtesy of Shelter Records)/ Chuck Findley, trumpet.

Matthew King Kaufman, executive producer/ Robert Appere, engineer/ Michael Boshears, assistant engineer/ Bernie Grundman, mastering engineer/ Danny Ray, technical maintenance/ Chris Lovett and Glenn Franzen, technical exportation/ Butch Lee, album concept/ Lynda "Hap" Hyder, photography/ The Super Assistant, in attendance.

Produced and arranged by Allan Mason and Earthquake/ Recorded at Clover Studios in Hollywood, CA. Many thanks.

Reissued on CD in 2003 by Acadia, a division of Evangeline Recorded Works Ltd. of London, as tracks 10 through 17 of PURPLE- THE A&M RECORDINGS. This is a two-for-one package including (tracks 1 through 9) the group's first album, EARTHQUAKE (SP 4308).

JB

I did...er...try this one and it, to me, this LP was not quite as good as their first. The guest musicians were a real nice touch, as were Robert Appérre's engineering & production skills. But it was a bit forgettable compared to their first album. Surely a disappointment!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom