• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Ozark Mountain Daredevils - IT'LL SHINE WHEN IT SHINES

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
The Ozark Mountain Daredevils
IT'LL SHINE WHEN IT SHINES

A&M SP 3654

sp3654.jpg

Country-Rock Band The Ozark Mountain Daredevils made a breakthrough with this late 1974 album featuring their Number Three Hit "Jackie Blue."

Tracks:

You Made it Right/ Look Away/ Jackie Blue/ Kansas You Fooler/ It Couldn't Be Better/ E. E. Lawson/ Walkin' Down the Road/ What's Happened Along My Life/ Lowlands/ Tidal Wave/ It'll Shine When it Shines.

SP 3654 entered the Billboard Top 200 on December 14, 1974 and peaked at Number 19, charting for 31 weeks, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

Available on CD via amazon.com

JB

www.ozarkdaredevils.com

LPJim said:
Country-Rock Band The Ozark Mountain Daredevils made a breakthrough with this late 1974 album featuring their Number Three Hit "Jackie Blue."
I remember it very vividly (and fondly; indeed, hearing it in my head as I type this); seems to be one of these tracks you almost never hear anymore on the radio. Now am I mistaken, or was there some editing on the 45? I seem to recall that may've been the case . . .

"Jackie Blue" is usually the only song I ever hear by "The Ozarks"... --Much like how the only song I've ever heard by Head East seems to always be "Goin' Down For The Last Time"...

The Ray Conniff Singers actually had an "Unreleased Single" of "Jackie Blue" as a Bonus Track on their Collectables two-fer reissue of Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song / Love Will Keep Us Together...

Dave

The Daredevils' "If You Want to Get to Heaven (You Gotta Raise a Little Hell)" got plenty of airplay in its day, as well as "Jackie Blue."
Hardly ever hear either anymore.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom