• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Pablo Cruise (A&M SP 4528)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Pablo Cruise
PABLO CRUISE

A&M SP-4528

sp4528.jpg

SIDE ONE

Island Woman/ Denny/ Sleeping Dogs/ What Does it Take?/ Rock'n Roller.

SIDE TWO

Can't You Hear the Music?/ In My Own Quiet Way/ Ocean Breeze/ El Verono

Visit the official site and click on "music" for discography information:

http://www.pablocruiseband.com

JB

What's "El Verono?" My CD (Japanese import) ends with "Ocean Breeze."

This is a pretty good album but does not live up to the wonderfulness of the hit single, "Island Woman." My other favorites on it are "Denny" (flip side of the single and also a good song), "What Does It Take" and "Ocean Breeze," which contains brilliant piano work. I was hoping for more of the "feel" of the hit single in the rest of the album, but it really wasn't there much.

Their second LP was slightly better - they seemed to find their way a bit more (or maybe I knew what to expect). When they became a singles factory later on, their music got less interesting IMHO.

"Somebody get these guys to give us a good HIT SINGLE!!!!!"

Album, #2, onward, these guys finally delivered...: "Whatcha Gonna Do (When She Says "Goodbye"?, What'cha Gonna Do When She Is Gone?)", "Love Will Find A Way", "Cool Kind'a Love", "A Place In The Sun", "Don't Wanna Live Without It", were the cool, catchy, and everlasting Hitcraft, these guys finally were known for, and the wait really paid off for One 'N' All...!!!!! :nut:

Gotta get a LUNCHBOX o' these guys!!!!! :laugh:

Dave

I've only managed two albums by these guys "Worlds Away" and "Out Of Our Hands". I'm interested in getting the first two albums, I am, however, fimiliar with the instrumental "Zero To Sixty In Five" from the second LP "Lifeline". "Zero" was featured on the "Nadia's Theme" compilation which I have on musicassette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom