• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Procol Harum HOME (A&M SP 4261)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
PROCOL HARUM
Home

A&M SP 4261

sp4261.jpg

Side One: *Whisky Train 4:28/ The Dead Man's Dream 4:45/ Still There'll be More 4:50/ Nothing That I Didn't Know 3:34/ *About to Die 3:37.

Side Two: Barnyard Story 2:45/ Piggy Pig Pig 4:49/ Whaling Stories 7:05/ You're Own Choice 3:09.

All songs by Gary Brooker & Keith Reid except *Robin Trower & Keith Reid.

HOME personnel: Keith Reid (words)/ Robin Trower (lead guitar)/ B.J. Wilson (drums)/ Chris Copping (bass guitar & organ)/ Gary Brooker (voice & piano).

Produced by Chris Thomas of A.I.R. London Ltd. for Straight Ahead Productions Ltd.; Jeff Jarratt - engineer; Dickinson - album cover art work and design; David Bailey - photography.

HOME entered the Billboard Top 200 on 7-11-70 and charted for 15 weeks, peaking at #34.

The album has had several CD reissues, including Mobile Fidelity and Castle Communications labels. In 1999 it was reissued by Westside (WESM 535) with 9 bonus tracks:

Rockin' Warm Up/ Go Go Go (Move on Down the Line)/ The Dead Man's Dream (take 7)/ Procol Have a Laugh / Still They'll Be More (instrumental, take 3)/ About to Die (instrumental)/ Barnyard Story (take 4 remix)/ Piggy Pig Pig (take 2 remix)/ Your Own Choice (take 14 remix)/ Whaling Stories (take 2).
JB

I just received an email announcing that Procol Harum's first new album since 1991's PRODIGAL STRANGER has been completed.
The new album will be titled THE WELL'S ON FIRE and contain 13 tracks composed by Keith Reid and Gary Brooker or Reid and Matthew Fisher. Don't know when release is scheduled but I'm looking forward to it.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom