• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Randy Richards - RANDY RICHARDS (SP-4678)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Randy Richards
RANDY RICHARDS

A&M SP-4678

sp4678.jpg

Guest artists include Kiki Dee, Davey Johnstone, Dee Murray, Lowell George, Russell Kunkel, Leland Sklar, Eric Carmen and James Newton Howard.

SIDE ONE

There's Always a Goodbye 3:57
Just Be You 2:33
I Can't Stop Loving You 4:02
Money Doesn't Make You Nice 2:53
Spaceman 6:28

SIDE TWO

Any Way That You Want Me 4:04
Inside of Me 3:05
Ride 3:49
Sweet Sympathy 3:56
Silver Bullets 3:23

Produced by Robert Appere
Production Coordinator: Jim Moon
Management: Alive Enterprises
Mastered by: Bernie Grundman
String Arrangements by: Jimmie Haskell
Concert Master: Sidney Sharpe

Art Director: Roland Young
Design: Phil Shima

JB

Typical Robert Apperre featherweight production, featuring some members of Elton John's band, former Memphis session legend, Steve Cropper, pop music great, Eric Carmen, and some contributions from the quartet of Hollywood heavyweights known as The Section... Add to it, Jimmie Haskell & the sweet sound of The Sid Sharp Strings...

Neat cover of "Any Way That You Want Me" (which makes me wonder how many "takes" it must'a been "took" to "get it together") and "Spaceman" sounds like the song the rock star on PORT CHARLES was singing before Vampires sunk the entire rest o' the series, while "There's Always A Goodbye" is the all-time tear-jerker in the bunch, though more-so by Frankie Valli's version of it...

Good effort for what's basically a songwriter-mill-turned-frontman, though also a sometimes humdrum exercise in competence, expressing a variety of styles you'd normally buy works of two or more artists to experience what's "all over the place" on just one... So, nothing too much expected of him...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom