• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Richie Havens THE END OF THE BEGINNING (SP-4598)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Richie Havens
THE END OF THE BEGINNING

A&M SP-4598

sp4598.jpg

Folk Singer and Guitarist Richie Havens was the opening act for the Woodstock Festival in 1969. He is a native of Brooklyn, NY, and has recorded on many labels. His voice has appeared in several television commercials.

SIDE ONE:

I'm Not In Love 5:20/ We Can't Hide It Anymore 3:59/ Dreaming as One 3:26/ You Can Close Your Eyes 4:17/ I Was Educated By Myself 5:14.

SIDE TWO

Daughter of the Night 3:40/ If Not For You 3:08/ Do It Again 3:29/ Wild Night 3:30/ Long Train Running 3:48.

MUSICIANS:

Drums - Herman Ernest, Mike Baird, Tony Broussard
Keyboards - William Smith, Joey Oliver
Organ - Booker T. Jones
Bass - Tony Broussard, Willie Weeks, Duck Dunn
Electric Guitar - Darryle Johnson, Jeff Baxter (also steel guitar), Steve Cropper

Vocals - William Smith, Brian and Brenda Russell, Danny and Matt Moore, Julia Tillman and Diane Brooks

Percussion - Tessie Coen
Produced by David Kershenbaum
Engineered by Tommy Vicari, Austin Goodsey and Norm Kinney
Assistant Engineers: Danny Vicari, Ellis orkin, Chuck Trammell and Helen Silvani

Remixed by Tommy Vicari at Sound Labs, Hollywood CA
Mastering Engineer: Bernie Grundman at A&M Studios, Hollywood CA
Recorded at A&M Studios, Clover Recorders, Silvery Moon Studios and Sound Labs, Hollywood CA

Art Direction: Roland Young
Design: Junie osaki
Photography: Moshe Brakha

Reissued, with the follow-up A&M album MIRAGE, on CD under the title DREAMING AS ONE, THE A&M YEARS in 2004.

SP 4598 entered the BillBoard Top 200 on October 2, 1976 and charted for four weeks, peaking at Number 157, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

Please visit Havens' official site for more information, including discography:

www.richiehavens.com

JB

Good selection of songs, much of them remakes, though the last ones on Side Two in questionable order, while the last songs on Side 1 seem more like "closing pieces", but of course, well-delivered by Neo-Folkie, Richie Havens on his debut for A&M...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom