Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Rick Wakeman
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH

A&M SP 3621

sp3621.jpg

Recorded in concert at The Royal Festival Hall London on Friday January 18 1974 with The London Symphony Orchestra and The English Chamber Choir conducted by David Measham; Production Narrated by David Hemmings.

SIDE ONE
The Journey/ Recollection (21:10)

SIDE TWO
The Battle/ The Forest (18:57)

All selections written by Rick Wakeman (Producer) & published by Almo Music Corp., ASCAP/ Arrangers: Wil Malone and David Beckerman/ Recording engineers: Paul Tregurtha and Pete Flanigan/ Production engineered by Keith Grant/ Recorded by Ronnie Lane's "Lyn Mobile Studio"/

Mixed at Morgan Studios, London, on Jan. 21 -29, 1974/ Production coordinator: Lou Reizner.

THE BAND
Vocals - Garry Pickford-Hopkins and Ashley Holt/ Guitar - Mike Egan/ Bass -Roger Newell/ Drums - Barney James/ "Road Things" - John Cleary, Fred and Toby.

Reissued as LP/CD 3156

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH entered the Billboard Top 200 on June 15, 1974, charted for 27 weeks and reached # 3, according to Whitburns' "Top Pop Albums."

JB

Well, I really never considered going beyond The Six Wives Of Henry VIII and that was because on a number of songs, a lot of members of Yes, Wakeman's band served as sidemen... Some people selling Journey To... cherish it enough that I often see it sold in Plastic Covers but it really is a very fairly common item...

Dave

Worth hearing in quad, FWIW. Ultimately one could argue it's just overblown piffle, but some folks dig this sort of thing, can't say it does much for me.

:ed:

OK...QUADROPHONIC COPIES! I guess that's why I've seen Rick Wakeman's Journey To The Center Of The Earth preserved in plastic... :goofygrin:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom