• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

AOTW: Roger Kellaway - Center Of The Circle (A&M SP-3040

How Do You Rate This Album?

• ***** (Best)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• * (Worst)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Heard This Album

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Roger Kellaway -
Center Of The Circle
SP-3040

sp3040.jpg

Released 1972

Format: Vinyl

This is another one I don't have, so could someone please provide the track listing and personnel.

Capt. Bacardi

Wish I could help, Captain -- but even as I seriously collect Kellaway LPs
(I've got the 5 before this) -- there's no way I'd permit this one in my listening stack. Upon release shipment, this LP died WHILE IN THE BOX.
It's got the stamp (or stigma) of 'artistic license' written all over it. For the brave few who listened more than once, we still have to ask,"WHAT was Kellaway thinking?" Nevertheless, 2 stars for RK's off-the-wall balls.

Side One: Our Gang Blues 4:15/ La Cookeria 3:08/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues #1 2:39/ Blujahn Boogie 3:50/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues # 2 2:28/ Lay Karma Lay 2:56.

Side Two: Center of the Circle 3:21/ Stereospecificaltocatalytic 2:08/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues # 3 3:24/ Landscape 4:09/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues # 4 1:41/ Song of the Earth 3:04.

All selections written by Roger Kellaway; producer: Stephan Goldman; engineer: Bernie Grundman.

JB

LPJim said:
Side One: Our Gang Blues 4:15/ La Cookeria 3:08/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues #1 2:39/ Blujahn Boogie 3:50/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues # 2 2:28/ Lay Karma Lay 2:56.

Side Two: Center of the Circle 3:21/ Stereospecificaltocatalytic 2:08/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues # 3 3:24/ Landscape 4:09/ On Your Mark, Get Set; Blues # 4 1:41/ Song of the Earth 3:04.

All selections written by Roger Kellaway; producer: Stephan Goldman; engineer: Bernie Grundman.

JB

One album that I haven't heard in a long time and haven't got right now. But remember how "Lay, Karma, Lay" was 'not suited for Radio Play' due to one expletive, not to mention the lyrics to the song, altogether. "Center Of The Circle", is actually a song by Melanie Safka--listening to one of her many albums, which Kellaway arranged, got me thinking of his works. Of which THIS was the only one I had and without the "accessories" someone mentioned a Promo Copy of this coming with, which I had seen, though bought, months later, somewhere else, without the letter, etc.

Dave

...you really blow my F*$#%ing mind... :cussing: :bigevil: :twitchy: :angel: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom