🎵 AotW AOTW: Ronnie Lane SLIM CHANCE (A&M SP 3638)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Ronnie Lane
SLIM CHANCE

sp3638.jpg

A&M SP 3638

Ronnie Lane (1946-97) was a member of the Faces and the Small Faces before forming his band Slim Chance. He later worked with Pete Townshend.

Tracks:
Little Piece of Nothing 2:23/ Stone 4:06/ Bottle of Brandy 2:46/ Street Gang 4:04/ Anniversary 2:57/ I'm Gonna Site Right Down and Write Myself a Letter 2:53/ I'm Just a Country Boy 2:42/ Ain't no Lady 4:22/ Blue Morning 4:07/ Give Me a Penny 2:57/ You Never Can Tell 4:31/ Tin and Tambourine 4:09/ Single Saddle 3:02.

Credits:
Ronnie Lane - guitar, vocals/ Brian Belshaw - bass/ Charles Hart - keyboards/ Glen LeFleur and Jim Farrar - drums/ John Burns - engineer/ Steve Simpson - guitar, keyboards, mandolin, violin/ Ruan O'Lochlain - organ, sax, piano, photography and design.

For more information visit:

http://ronnie-lane.mindbit.com

JB

The collaborative effort that Lane did w/ Pete Townsend is Rough Mix... I'm Gonna Site Right Down and Write Myself a Letter is an Old Pop song, I've heard--done by... (?)

Of course, (C'est la Vie, C'est la Vie) You Never Can Tell is Chuck Berry's "baby" also covered by Emmylou Harris, among others... While I'm Just A Country Boy received its notable reenidition by George McCurn and obscure Blues/Rock Pianist/Vocalist, Bobby Doyle, and many others...

Single Saddle, I'm sure had to have been done by The Sons Of Pioneers, if not by Riders In The Sky... (--If not by BOTH!)

Have probably seen this at one time or another, but surely never heard...!

Dave

"I'm Gonna Sit ..." was a #3 hit in 1957 for Billy Williams, a member of the Charioteers from 1935-49, according to Whitburn's "Top 40 Hits" guidebook.

Amazon offers a CD compilation of Lane's work from SLIM CHANCE and solo material from the same era.

JB

Dave said:
The collaborative effort that Lane did w/ Pete Townsend is Rough Mix... I'm Gonna Site Right Down and Write Myself a Letter is an Old Pop song, I've heard--done by... (?)
Dave

Oh, it's an OLD song - it's in the Fats Waller show AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' - didn't the Ink Spots or somebody like that record it in the 40s or 50s?

BC

This should be an interesting find. Obviously they weren't present for this recording, but I heard that Benny Gallagher and Graham Lyle were actual members of this band for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom