🎵 AotW AOTW: Sam Neely (A&M SP 4520)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
I'm not certain this was released or whether it's the same album as DOWN HOME, which we covered in the 3600 series.
I am certain most of us would be content to jump ahead to 'SP 4521' if the former is the case.
JB

Well, I had the One Album which Sam Neely made for A&M, and I don't remember whether it was Self-Titled, or if it was called Down Home...; I really forgot...

But don't lock this, Jim, 'cause you might find this album, like you did Sam's "previous" release... :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

SP 4520 is a complete blank in my database and notes. Surely this was an unreleased item. I wonder what the Book of Flaws claims this is/was/should've been. Anyone owning she-whose-name-shall-not-be-spoken's doorstop is invited to post the answer here...

--Mr Bill

Eh, both of my "Volumes" were used as Bookends, 'til one of 'em (the Overseas-releases SP-edition, which is similar to the discography of U.S. releases, as opposed to also including stuff released ONLY Overseas...) self-destructed after a flood... :sad:

Afterwhich the "survivor" became a Paperweight, then unfortunately--in a fit of---... :mad: --rage... :oops: ... :whistle:

Dave

Mr Bill said:
SP 4520 is a complete blank in my database and notes. Surely this was an unreleased item. I wonder what the Book of Flaws claims this is/was/should've been. Anyone owning she-whose-name-shall-not-be-spoken's doorstop is invited to post the answer here...

It's just listed as a vinyl release by the catalog number. But that alone doesn't necessarily mean it was released.

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
Mr Bill said:

It's just listed as a vinyl release by the catalog number. But that alone doesn't necessarily mean it was released.

Agreed... But does it give an artist or title? Does it indeed say it was to be a Sam Neely LP?

--Mr Bill

Neely actually made two albums for Capitol Records... One has a prime selection of studio musicians (Neely 1) while the other (Neely 2) has, but maybe also, a lesser-known few...

Sam also made a fairly hard-to-find '45' of Bobby Fuller's "I Fought The Law", too...

Otherwise go to the following link to the following site to see that SP 4520 was probably never meant to be released (be it a Sam Neely, or ANYONE'S album) just for more accurate proof of it being an "Unissued LP"; though the author obviously also doesn't have any information either...:

:neutral:inkshield:​

Dave

SP 4520 is left blank on that "A&M Discography" site - the one with the blue background - whose origins/credibility are unknown to me.

Sam Neely's name with no title is listed on Steve Sidoruk's data base, which he compiled in the late '80s pre-internet. When posting AOTWs this is what I rely on for the most part.

JB

The one "book" I have only shows it as a self-titled album. *shrug*

Does anyone here have Randy Kosht's discography list?

The one Sam Neely site I found only mentions the one album. I'm thinking our AOTW here was probably a placeholder that was relegated to the 3000 series later, with an official album title.

LP (I have THIS ONE!) Jim said:
...SP 4520 is left blank on that "A&M Discography" site -- The one with the blue background -- whose origins/credibility are unknown to me...

Me, too, but an "Incidental Information Source" where I found albums on other labels I've been curious about, much like my A&M interests, which I never knew even existed... :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom