• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Strawbs GRAVE NEW WORLD (A&M SP 4344)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Strawbs
GRAVE NEW WORLD

A&M SP4344

sp4344.jpg

GRAVE NEW WORLD is nothing less than the story of life from beginning to end. The original pressing contained a 14-page inner lyric booklet. In 1998 the band celebrated its 30th anniversary, which A&M commemorated by reissuing this and other titles on CD. The disc added two bonus tracks.

SIDE ONE
Benedictus 4:24/ Hey Little Man ... Thursday's Child 1:05/ Queen of Dreams 5:28/ Heavy Disguise 2:50/ New World 4:08/ Hey Little Man 1:05.

SIDE TWO
The Flower and the Young Man 4:17/ Tomorrow 4:44/ On Growing Older 1:54/ Ah, Me, Ah My 1:21/ Is it Today, Lord? 3:04/ The Journey's End 1:35.

Bonus Tracks on UK CD reissue:
Here it Comes/ I'm Going Home

Produced by David Cousins, Richard Hudson, John Ford, Blue Weaver and Tony Hooper

Special thanks to:
Tom Allom for creative engineering/ Martin Levan assistant engineer with many good ideas/ Bob Kirby for dotting perfect quavers/ Sam Artis for musicians par excellence/ Gus Dudgeoon for originally producting "Oh Me"/
Frank Boulter for always getting us home safely/ Dickie Bell for angle taping, Equipment and tea/ Tony Visconti who will surely be blessed for producing "Benedictus" and his musical vibrations and hard work in the past/ and Mike Dolan, Jim Dawson and Karl Emil Knudsen.

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on 7-15-72, charted five weeks and peaked at number 191, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums"

www.strawbpage.ndirect.co.uk/

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom