🎄 Holidays! Are you getting into the holiday mood?

Mike

Time to start singing the songs... what`s your favorite song for Christmas??? here`s mine...

Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Prospero año y Felicidad

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas
From the bottom of my heart

and... Wham too!

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance but you still catch my eye
Tell me baby do you recognise me?
Well it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me

Oh, I'm definitely in the holiday mood.
-- I've lost count of how many (mostly new) Christmas CDs I've played already this year.
-- Before Thanksgiving I wrote my annual roundup of new and reissued holiday music for Goldmine magazine.
-- This weekend, the choir to which I belong is having its annual Christmas concerts.
-- I didn't even get PO'd when I had trouble putting new lights on my old aluminum tree...

Tim is practically our Holiday Expertâ„¢ here! :agree:

I probably won't be in the spirit all that much until the middle of the month when we decorate the house. Don't put up too much anymore, but I'm still debating how many lights to put outside this year. :wink:

Oh... I`m getting in the spirit early this year... and I`m enjoying it too!

"Baby it`s cold outside" is playing in my head right now, and I`m digging it!

Baah! Humbug!! :baah: ...Oh, wait...it's not NEW YEARS EVE, yet...!! :D

So far, so good...! :bigsanta: Now to put up my COLOR WHEEL, and my TREE...! :santa:

Dave

I'm like Neil...didn't really feel "Christmas" until the house was decorated, the tree was up, etc. The Holiday kind of "crept up" on me this year. Odd, seeing as Christmas is (and always has been) my favorite holiday.

Jon

...glad the Holidays have arrived...

Mike said:
Time to start singing the songs... what`s your favorite song for Christmas???

Well (and this should really come as a surprise to anyone who knows me!!), mine is most definitely "The Christmas Song" by Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66. :wink:

However, it wouldn't be Christmas in our household without The Carpenters or a song by Vic Damone entitled "Christmas In San Francisco" which should be a classic if it isn't already!!

Jon

There's a chance I might be able to put my tree up this weekend. :D I'm actually in the middle of some major housecleaning, especially the living room, which is now my audio/video room. Xmas cards aren't going to make it out this year again, but I could care less at this point--I have few relatives left, and don't have much time to make the cards anyway.

One final element and the Christmas Feeling has finally arrived: now that I've been discharged and my back injury is healed, I finally feel free enough to relax and enjoy the Holidays. Whew!!!

Jon

(I've edited the above line to read: "...and my back injury is (mostly) healed..." because after I wrote the line, I stood up, felt a "jolt" and immediately sat back down. Back injuries suck...Christmas Rules!!!) :wink:

Oh I've been in the Chrismtas mood since Dec 1 :D

In fact, my tree been up & decorated for weeks..today I finished all my shopping & this afternoon I wrapped all the gifts...I've baked all the Christmas cookies including making 2 batches of homemade fudge (I love baking & cooking)

So I'm just waiting for it to snow (will never happen in FL Santa....

...hoping I don't get any christmas balls thrown at me by my fellow A & M er's, online....

Hey Chris, I'll trade you a truckload of snow for some of that fudge! :D

I decorated my tree earlier this week, and I'm done shopping. My cinnamon rolls (loaded with red and green cherries), plum cake, and mincemeat pie are baked and in the freezer. All I have to do now is make some cookies for Santa, and I'm all set...

Murray
...who is thankful that it's NOT his turn to roast the turkey...

brasil_nut said:
One final element and the Christmas Feeling has finally arrived: now that I've been discharged and my back injury is healed, I finally feel free enough to relax and enjoy the Holidays. Whew!!!

Jon

(I've edited the above line to read: "...and my back injury is (mostly) healed..." because after I wrote the line, I stood up, felt a "jolt" and immediately sat back down. Back injuries suck...Christmas Rules!!!) :wink:

Yeah...my chiropractor and I are on a first-name basis...my back goes out a lot more than I do...a pleasure of getting old...

Dan

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
...I finished all my shopping & this afternoon I wrapped all the gifts...I've baked all the Christmas cookies...

The presents I collect throughout the year. Just finished wrapping them last night. Now, all I have to do is pick up stocking stuffers and I'm done.

As for the cookies, I made three batches, which the kids (mostly Michael) have devoured. I'm making Lemon Bars, Russian Tea Balls and Sugar Cookies (again!!) this week.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
...hoping I don't get any christmas balls thrown at me by my fellow A & M er's, online...

No Christmas Balls, Chris...but here's a bit of Christmas Cheer for 'ya!!! :bigsanta:

Jon

Back
Top Bottom