• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

ARIA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rio Gal

Has anyone ever questioned Herb & Lani Alpert why they named their youngest daughter ARIA? Don't get me wrong, I love the name. ARIA is a very unusual, exotic, femimine, & musical name. The word aria is found in the song Mais Que Nada too. I'm curious to know what had inspired the Alperts to give Aria her name.

Rio Gal said:
Has anyone ever questioned Herb & Lani Alpert why they named their youngest daughter ARIA? Don't get me wrong, I love the name. ARIA is a very unusual, exotic, femimine, & musical name. The word aria is found in the song Mais Que Nada too. I'm curious to know what had inspired the Alperts to give Aria her name.

An aria is a musical solo...usually associated with opera. It's the high point of the whole symphony. And PLEASE...it's MAS Que Nada...the song title was misprinted on the label. For years I thought that was the title, too...

Dan

I liked the name so much we named our daughter Aria. I was'nt even married when I read about the name researching Alpert stuff and thought to myself Ya know if I ever have a daughter I think Aria would be a perfect name , luckily my wife thought so to...
Another reason we chose Aria - it is also an international name... Our family is of Lithuanian decent and Aria is easily pronounced in both languages.
Anyone name a son Dore?
Rim Kasputis

No Dore here! We split the naming duties....I named our first daughter, and my wife picked the name for our second one.

Rim, small world dep't--do you teach in Plymouth/Canton? I found out that a school buddy of mine I grew up with, whom I've been out of touch with for 20 years, is the publicity contact for the P/C district! Frank and I were the Two Tenors in jazz band. :D

Hi Rudy,
I heard of the three tenors...but the two tenors?
It's neat you ran into your old bud...I never taught in Canton, so I don't know your friend.I spent 13 years in Gibraltar and 11 in South Lyon. I commute to South Lyon presently and feel pretty secure in that booming part of town.
Looks like the PCES marching band is looking for a new band director again.... who knows maybe there's room for a couple of tenors also!

All this talk of tenors makes me want to roll my favorite tenors CD - Charlie Parker - I'm off! Au Privave and all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom