as time goes by- in irish stores :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grainne

hey,

was in town today shopping and,as usual, had a look at the carpenters section in the record shop, not expecting to see anything new. yeepee, 'as time goes by' was there, and i got so excited, reminded me of when i bought karens solo album all those years ago!! ran home to play it and i love it, espically 'rainbow connection' and 'leave yesterday behind'.!!
and it was pretty good value aswell, only 22euros.

love it!!
grainne.

Grainne-Just a quick reaction to your "irish store" headline. Here in the US,an Irish Store is where one would find all the stereotype "Irish blessing",thick sweaters and crystal drinking glasses in a small surrounding with Chieftains-wanna bees on the overhead sound system. No Carpenters in those kind of stores. Enjoy your new found treasure,Mac

Finally, I have my copy of "As Time Goes By" too

I had no idea that the Carpenters/Como medley was going to be extended from their original Television Appearance.

It's so great to buy a CD that has something new to offer

I agree, it reminds me of the release of "Karen Carpenter".

As for my copy of "Reflections", I got it home and they have put the wrong CD in the box so I now have a Diana Ross collection - will be swapping it on Monday LOL

ha ha, i laughed out loud when i read your post Mac, never thought about those kind of irish stores! :D

:wink: Hey Grainne, remember me? From the old board? Glad to see your here too.

Glad you found As Time Goes By in a store near you, that's great. I have been playing this CD so much lately, it is awesome, Leave Yesterday Behind, I swear I get goosebumps whenever I hear it, it so takes me back to the days of "For all we Know" "Yesterday Once More"

I am so glad Richard listened to the fans advise & released the "The Rainbow Connection" OMG when I heard this, it was like...when I heard the album Make Believe it's U first time" It was like Karen was in the same room as you were, singing it right to you. Love the toy piano intro.

There are some great tracks on this CD.

Hey how's Ireland? Hope your doing great!!

As Time Goes By was released at a down time in my life and its release really upflited my spirits.

Craig

hey chris,

how the hell are you? everything is great here in Ireland, weather is crap but aside from that i can't complain!

love 'as time goes by' soooooo much, usually just play 'leave yesterday behind' over & over again.

hope ur keeping well.
grainne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom