At long last, new page addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Carter's teeth: :badteeth: . How can we forget those immortal words "Nukeah Enugeh"?

I noticed that Styx and REO are making the summer tour circuit again, and I think they will be here later in the summer (August). I think they learned their lesson from a few years ago, when they came in mid June, and the Red Wings were playing their last game to win the Stanley Cup. Half the audience brought portable TVs, and when the Wings won, Styx just stayed on stage and sort of chuckled about the whole affair. As a surprise, when they came back for the encore, they were all wearing Red Wings jerseys. Which is amusing, seeing that most of them would be Blackhawks fans. :D

Interesting tour this summer is the "Sam & Dave" tour--Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth. Their first concert, they flip a coin to see who goes on first. After that, they alternate who opens each show. I remember Roth's first words to Hagar when Hagar joined Van Halen back in the 80's: "Watch your back." It'll be interesting to say the least!

-= N =-

That Roth/Hagar tour sounds interesting; I'll check pollstar.com to see if there's a nearby date. The Eagles will be in town on July 4, but the most interesting show coming up will be by Pete Best's band (ex-Beatles drummer pre-Ringo), scheduled June 26. I'd expect many serious Beatles fans to show up for that.
Wonder if DeYoung will tour with Styx again anytime soon? He was with them in '96 when they shared the bill with Kansas.
Interesting editorial cartoon ran last Friday. First frame showed someone asking Fidel how the Carter visit went. Next frame showed Castro smiling - with big lips and teeth.
JB
PS: another favorite Carter speech moment was when he quoted his (then 12-year-old) daughter Amy expressing concern about 'nukyer proliferiation'

From what I understood, Dennis DeYoung had backed out of the group for health reasons. I'd read that a couple of years ago, probably on the official Styx website (http:/www.styxworld.com). I can't say I'd see the current Styx, though, seeing that the three original founding members are no longer with the group.

-= N =-
...checking for BR5-49 tickets...

Glenn Burtnick joined the group to replace Tommy Shaw, who had left apx. 1990 to go solo and form Damn Yankees. Of course both were in the 2000 ARCH ALLIES tour (with R.E.O.). Earlier, in '87, Burtnick recorded a solo album on A&M, HEROES AND ZEROS.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom